Black Cars Matter!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Black Cars Matter!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

Ford Color Chart

Black

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

My understanding was that Fords first vehicles could be had in Green.
Yes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

The Model A is usually seen in red. The 1910 model year came in green or blue, I think. Black wasn't available until about 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

From the encyclopedia. http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/P-R.htm#paint1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Franko on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 11:42 pm:

I see new bumper stickers in the near future! Love It ! TIM FRANKO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:20 am:

Black is actually the exception for Australian assembled Model T's. You can spot the U.S. imports here because usually they're the only black cars on display.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:05 am:

I was bored one day and wrote something a while back on facebook with the black cars mater, just to have fun.

Please everyone join with me on this worthy cause, Black Cars Matter, So often this little black car has been called slow, dribbles from its radiator and yes even leakes some from its tail shaft and rear end, They say she's too old to be on the road and so many other hurtful things. Yes, It does tend to mark its territory once in awhile but what 97 year doesn't! How many 97 year old Black Cars do you know can still bring a smile to every women it meets and leaves them wanting to come back over and over? In a strange twist the little Black Car seems to have the same effect on men as well! Let's put an end to the terrible bullying and support the Black Cars Matter cause. Please make out all donation checks to C.A.S.H, Cars Against Serious Hate. Thank you for all your support.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:33 am:

I also thought of doing something with the slogan "Black Cars Matter," and then I decided that in this humorless, hypersensitive society that we seem to have landed in, it would probably offend more people than it would amuse.

My problem is that I am offended by people who are easily offended. How do I deal with that? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:47 am:

I'm with Dick, easily offended, even though I live on the left coast. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen banks on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:03 am:

You'll have people running to their safe zones!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:27 am:

Feeling offended is a choice. I choose not to waste much time hearing about all the new ways people are choosing to feel offended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Don Rickles was politically incorrect way before it was incorrect!! I am sure he'd have the politically correct twitching like flounders out of water these days!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4m5HLVwsco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Chris, if you don't watch television, listen to the radio, read newspapers or leave the house, I guess it's possible not to hear about the inventive new ways in which people are being offended.....

When I was in high school and college, debate on controversial topics was encouraged. Apparently my generation has been replaced by a bunch of delicate snowflakes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:57 am:

Years ago I saw a 1941 Packard sedan that was painted Packard Blue - But looking at it - in the sun light - it was black.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?color=Packard%20Blue&tditzler=1 0111&rows=50

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?ditzler=10111&rows=50&syear=194 1&smanuf=Packard&smodel=&sname=Packard%20Blue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 11:11 am:

Here's a short video by George Will, Washington Post Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist on the absurdity of political correctness.

https://www.prageru.com/courses/political-science/progressives-guide-political-c orrectness

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

This thread is offensive thus it should be deleated.

Everyone knows that all cars matter and my grey Hyundai is being discriminated against by a bunch of Ford guys.
My Maroon Chevy pickup agrees and has stated that Model T people are just unfeeling conservatives.

This is not good for the hobby and should be deleated before the liberal press finds out what is being said.
If CNN finds out about it they will make it the major news and all Model T drivers will have to watch out for people throwing rotten tomatoes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Latest news-
Everyone with a high capacity water pump needs to immediately register it with the local chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers and if you have an automatic timing adjustment device you need to stop using it.

The 2nd amendment of the Ford times does not guarantee the use of either of these things for normal use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

OK we probably can't use it, but here's a bumper sticker!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 11:44 am:

Dave Wells,
It is clear that you have done extensive research into car colors over the years. I think it would be great to show colors that were available for 1909, 1910, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1926 & 1927. Does your research provide illustrations of those historic colors?
Thanks,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

Well, that proves it. 26-27 coupes were available in BLACK. Most sources say Green, Grey, or Maroon. My Grandfather's was Black originally and it is Black, now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 04:02 pm:

Fred,
if you have an automatic timing device, you must, by definition, be not using it already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

I have a manual lever on the left side of the steering column that I use to adjust the timing.
Some people can't figure out how to do it themselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

Funny Thread.
Thanks..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 08:18 am:

I've got one just like that Fred. Not only can some not figure out how to use it, some are downright afraid of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 10:00 am:

Hal it's not just the spark advance, but the hand crank, the steering wheel, the brake pedal, and pretty much everything else on the car... I never would have thought a forum for Model T owners would be filled with people who are terrified of Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 11:09 am:

all I have to say is...

YES WE DO!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 11:21 am:

I checked the encyclopedia cited by John Zibell and found an error - the text stated that the nickel-plated radiator shell was standard in 1927. My 1927 T has a painted shell and it's steel. There is no evidence that it has been changed. My car is a late (March) 1927.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

Michael Sommers. I can't post about the years when Ford need colours to kick start early sales or prop up later sagging sales as it would be off topic. This thread is about the era of black Fords when the Model T ruled the world!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:34 am:

John, you didn't state what body style that you have. It has always been widely thought that 26-27 roadsters and tourings had steel, painted radiator shells unless they were factory built as Sport Roadsters or Tourings, in which case they got wire wheels and nickle shells at the factory. Of course, they could have been changed out by the owner or dealer. Most 26 enclosed cars and probably all 27 enclosed cars got the nickle shells from the factory, as was common practice.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration