Old Photo - Wish This Was In My Garage!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Wish This Was In My Garage!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

super cool! I want it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

As "neat" as that is, I think the beautifully built Creator's steam engine that usually powers the related popcorn apparatus in these original units is almost as desirable as the Model T itself! If I was young enough to want a little side business,....a sort of "hobby business", I'd be jumping around from carnival to carnival and such events, just hoping to sell enough popcorn to "break even"! Fun, fun, fun,........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/model-t/1821709.html

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/model-a/1832398.html

Came across these the other day.
No association to the sellers but I will gladly take a commission if you buy either of them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

I swear there is on of these in the Movie Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang. I have Kids and have had to watch this Movie many many times..which thankfully is verygood.
At times though, I feel like Dick Van Dyke might be my Father!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Very nice, I too would like one, especially with a working steam system.

I know of one locally in the back corner of their shop floor. They use to use it as their snack bar in their sales office. I am not sure what year it is, but it has a newer 26/27 engine in it. The popper system has been updated to a more modern system

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

There is or was a Model T popcorn wagon at the Seattle Center - was there at least 50 + years I can remember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 04:56 am:

There's one of those at Knotts Berry Farm outside the main park...they sell popcorn from it...don't think it runs though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 05:37 am:

What do you think about this one??

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 07:58 am:

This Cretors machine was mounted on a new 1925 TT chassis. It was manufactured in Chicago. It is one of only two like it ever built. The other one is restored. It was family owned since new, and was used up until the 90ís. It was used in New York, Massachusetts, Vermont and Connecticut traveling the Fair circuit. For a number of years it was driven to Florida in the winter for the Fair circuit down there. They drove it non-stop, switching drivers and sleeping on the floor as they went. The originals ownersí daughter used it until 1998. She died in 2007 at the age of 92. After she died it was auctioned off. Jay Leno was a high bidder. When he learned the Saratoga Auto museum was trying to acquire it to keep it in the local area, he graciously decided not to buy it.
Don Buesing, a Model T enthusiast is associated with the Saratoga Museum. He figured out how everything worked and got it up and operating, which was no easy task, as there were no operating manuals with it. Itís now used in the summer months as it once was making popcorn. Don was very instrumental in keeping it from being restored, which would have diminished the history and value of this vehicle. You canít believe how original and what great shape this is in for how long it was used. This is an unbelievable piece of Model T history. I canít describe the feeling you get when you see this in person. It just puts you in AWE of how original it is and the shape it is in. This is one time picture doesnít do it justice. If you want further information here is a link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:01 am:

http://local.aaca.org/bullrun/Chatter/Oct_2007.pdf pages 8-9

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 11:28 am:

Ya, Dan, it's very impressive. We saw it while on the Saratoga Springs, NY T Tour a few years back.

Thanks for posting this.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

Years ago, I had a chance to buy a one ton Cretors popcorn truck exactly like the one Dan posted for $2000. The owner was going to convert it to a brass radiator like the first post, which I disagree with. At the time, I was in my early '20s and didn't have any money, so didn't buy it. I wonder what happened to that truck. It was located in Sutter Creek, California at the time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration