Old Photo - Brass Era - I Don't Always Drive A Model T, But When I Do................

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Brass Era - I Don't Always Drive A Model T, But When I Do................
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 11:53 pm:

Looks like a latter half '12 model, with electric headlamps. I don't know about the man? But the car is interesting!
Thanks again Jay! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 04:29 am:

Looks more like a 1914 tourer with an earlier windscreen fitted to me. The headlights sure are different.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:15 am:

Allan, '14 didn't use the brass windshield rods. They attached at the windshield hinge down to the body with a bit of a bend in the arm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 09:23 am:

Windshield aside, the body of a "slab side" 1912 may look like a 1914 to the casual observer, but the 1912 body has an exposed wooden sill below the body sheet metal and above the splash shields and frame. Also, the rear door hinges of a 1912 slab side are at the front of the door, not the rear of the door like a 1914.

For 1914, the sheet metal covers the wooden sill and goes right down to the splash shields/frame.

In the photo below, I have circled the wooden sill which appears as a black band above the splash shield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Thanks Erik for calling the splash shield the correct name! BTW, some of the real late 1912's even used a '13 windshield.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration