OT - Early Ford Registry "gathering," Paynesville MN.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Early Ford Registry "gathering," Paynesville MN.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 11:42 pm:

Many Early Ford Registry members and friends began our gathering this afternoon. A short tour around the lake at Paynesville and dinner at local favorite "Ron and Judy's" set the tone:

Parked at the restaurant:

dinner:

Carl and Anne Pate's 1909 T:

Three Model K:

Video of the three K driving around the lake:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/etw1s9ad0t3ptbm/Video%20Aug%2004%2C%207%2005%2030%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:14 am:

Very cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:30 am:

Well
Rob it was easy to find you as your beautiful daughter is beside you. Your big long red K looks like a kiddie car next to the two K,s with there huge tops. I can see that the K was a massive car coming down the road. What a grand car. Iam very proud that Henry made them. It gives me bragging rights over the chebbie guys. Thanks for the pictures, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 03:10 am:

That was just too cool! How long has it been since three model K Fords drove together down the same road?
Drive carefully, and do enjoy!!! (and post lots of photos) W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:58 am:

Thanks for the pictures and video !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 09:08 am:

I know it isn't an early Ford, but I expect at least one picture showing a black RP with a brown canvas top. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 09:25 am:

Mind-blowing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 11:23 am:

Really nice.....3 K's cruising around... Henry would love it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 11:23 am:

I see the Model K mechanic made it OK.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Rob, I'm glad to hear you're back. Those three Model K's together should become one of the greatest events in Central Minnesota history. George McGovern, Hubert Humphrey, Orville Freeman and Rob Heyen all during my lifetime. WOW!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 06:17 pm:

Rob,
Shame on you for calling this OT. There's not a nitpicker out there that could make a valid argument against any event that includes Carl and Ann's '09 T as off topic. :-)

Here's a couple of photos from today's run. We got sidetracked after lunch and provided some entertainment for the residents of Cherrywood Assisted Living in Richmond, MN. That's a great thing about old car people, we always seem to make time to share the joy of our hobby with others.

I think it's really nice of the EFR to include anyone with an interest in early Fords. It was nice the share the road with an '05 Buick and Wade's giant '13 Pierce Arrow.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration