OTACO Tractor conversion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OTACO Tractor conversion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:48 am:

I have a complete OTACO tractor conversion kit that I was told was for a Model A. What, if any, is the difference to a Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 09:19 am:

Nothing would bolt together or work if you tried using a Model A conversion on a T chassis or vice - versa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:32 am:

So what is different? All I see are I beams and a square bar for an axle. The taper on the pinions should be the same on an A and T. I am trying to make a positive identification. I do have the other support bar that goes forward also. I have tried Google search but not finding much. To see one mounted from a rear view would be helpful. Am I missing some parts here? I do have the wheels, pinions and bearings.OTACO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

If I'm seeing that right, it is basically an axle "extender", and it uses the stock axle to 'power' the wheels via pinions?

Very interesting.

Maybe do a drum to drum comparison of an A and a T rear axle and compare them to your setup?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

Are the axle end caps marked
do you have the drive gears wheels and the pinions?
Model A axle is wider looks a lot like a Pullford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

End caps say Taco or Otaco. Have the wheels and pinions also.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration