26/27 Sediment bulb assembly #2902C

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26/27 Sediment bulb assembly #2902C
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

I do not see a part number for the filter/screen that fits in above the sediment bulb flange(#2903). I know that Model A Ford part(Snyder's) number A-9155 fits (without the spring). Also Lang's list 2903C for the internal screen filer, but how do I convince a friend that the model T cowl mounted gas tanks had this filter incorporated in the cast iron sediment bulb assembly?

Is there any original model T Ford documentation that includes this fuel screen filter? And does it list the Model T Part number?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

Guess it was easier for the dealer to stock the assembly P/N2902C for the cowl tank than stock the replacement brass filter screen. But likely that screen does have a Fac.# to assist the dealers back in the day.

The earlier potato 2902B has the screen soldered over that big brass nut.

The cowl tank bulb uses that replaceable cylinder screen that fits the recess of the lower drain nut part, and the cone like little nose end rests up into the bulb shut-off part.

Source of the screen, as proof for your buddy, for the Improved Car sediment bulb, is detailed in photo, (Cut No. 2) Ford Instruction Book (Owners Manual) for the Improved Car.

The earlier Ford Manual, also shows the screen in the potato type bulb.

(Message edited by Dan_Treace on August 05, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

Dan:

Thanks for the Ford Manual pictorial proof! Now I can show it to my friend!

Apparently there are a number of individual parts that Ford did not list that are in the assembly of the various components. When the fellow who makes those great 3-D drawings gets to these, perhaps he can show the picture of the fuel screen, with the statement "no known Ford part number" or some such thing on the drawing!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration