Radiator lower hose connection repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Radiator lower hose connection repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Hello all,

I have a slight leak from the bottom hose connection of my radiator on my 26 coupe. The area looks corroded, and the actual hose connection itself is in poor shape. It is leaking from the flange that is soldered to the bottom of the radiator.

Is it possible to find a reproduction of this part and have it soldered on?

I know a new radiator is in my future, but if I can fix this issue, it will be a decent radiator overall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

Brassworks sells new water inlet and outlet radiator connections.

http://www.thebrassworks.net/shop/Parts-and-Pieces-Radiator-Parts-1917-27-Model- T-Parts/c14_31_93/p490/09-27-Model-T-Outlet/product_info.html?osCsid=4170869b66b 975629eaf256ad6f1a051

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

Repro connection of bronze on right $35, New Old Stock Ford zinc plated steel on the left $85. Domestic shipping $12.

a

gg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 04:02 pm:

Mine had several rusted out spots and I sanded it down and smeared JB Weld all over it, no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

I am constantly amazed at the amount of NOS parts that still show up available!
In this case, unless I was going for a "show car" and if it fits, I'd go for the bronze repro--never rust out on ya!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

I did a J B weld fix on a radiator years ago the same way Cory W. did. Worked fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 02:22 am:

I just purchased one of Layden's outlets. Since the rest of the piece is very badly corroded (I broke off a chunk of the lip while replacing the hoses) I'm going to see if I can have a shop solder it on, or do it myself. I see Brassworks is about 25 minutes from me, maybe they can help me out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 09:38 am:

Michael - Good choice. If you don't fix it right the first time, you never will.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration