Anybody Make A Non Restrictive Exhaust Pipe ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Anybody Make A Non Restrictive Exhaust Pipe ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

I would like to replace this poorly made exhaust pipe in our 1915 roadster for one that's not squeezed at the bend. I figure I am loosing 30% or more flow thru because of this. The last exhaust pipe I purchased from a major parts supplier a dozen years ago for our speedster looked exactly like the one in the photo. I was hoping to find one with a bend not a "squeeze".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

Talk to Larry Smith.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

Ditto. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

Pic of Larry's pipe, think you'll love it. You may have to buy it from one of the suppliers, as Larry may have sold them all "wholesale."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 12:42 am:

I cut it add 45* Mandel bent exhaust tube

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 09:37 am:

To reduce restriction, you can use a FO-11 tractor muffler in place of the stock one. These are available from your friendly local farm store -- Tractor Supply or similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 10:28 am:

The repo I got maybe 12-14 years ago is nothing like that with the big kink in it. I think mine came from Lang's. I wonder if it was the one particular supplier that sold pipes like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Mark,
The one you bought is the "usual part" most of the suppliers have; however, at least one of them will have, or now does have, a small supply of Larry's pipes. Not only are they not restrictive, they actually fit! Hopefully Larry will pipe in here (pun intended) with where to go to get one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

Ok when I am wrong I let everyone know! I just went out and looked at my exhaust pipe (was checking something else), it does have the kink in it. I just have never noticed it before. I have never really noticed lack of power or speed being held back because of it. If anything that might be holding it back is the piece of water pipe I used for the inner tube but it has lots of holes drilled in it or the early cast iron end pieces on the muffler with the brass toilet overflow tube tail pipe. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

I've got several on a pallet to go to Langs. I rather be working on my '13 roadster!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration