Windshield glass

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Windshield glass
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

I need to replace plate glass w/s with safety glass, to take w/s out I assume one stachon has to be removed, is this correct?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

It's a 22 touring slant w/s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

That would work.You may only have to loosen one side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 06:01 am:

Just nitpicking here, but a US built Touring from september 1922 on would have had a slant windshield and may have been titled as a '22 by the state, but Ford would have considered it as a 1923 style Ford :-)

If it's Canadian built, it may well have been called a '22 with a slant windshield - but then it would have both panes swiveling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

got my w/s out,the bottom is 5/16 and the top 1/4 is this correct or has someone replaced with incorrect size?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

Should all be 1/4".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 04:36 pm:

Keep in mind, the original glass was closer to 3/16, and what they have now is slightly thicker. The modern glass will still fit in the original channel, but be careful. It's easy to crack the glass if you aren't careful. It helps to have your glass man sand a slight bevel all around, as specified in the glass booklet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

Thanks fellows

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

I think you may find 5/16 (.310)is safety glass, I just did some checking on glass 'cause I'm picking up all the glass tomorrow for my '25 coupe.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration