On e-bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: On e-bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 11:49 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291834622352?rmvSB=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

He relisted it last week He had for sale for 16k buy it now. no takers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

It has been on eBay for a couple of years. It was bid as high as $21K at one time. He should have taken that bid if it was real.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

What are the dots all over the car?

snaps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

After looking again at the photos I don't think it is the same car. This is a good looking 14!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

I agree, good looking car at a good price. Wish I had the money and room for it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:39 pm:

I don't want to say much about it, because, well?

Hmm.

Well, it Does appear to be a '14 engine. At least partially (cannot tell for certain without a close inspection). And there are some other genuine '14 parts.

This car was listed for quite some time a month or two ago. I don't recall ever seeing it before this year.

Anybody recall some write-ups I have done in the past (some several years ago!), where I went on about "how much more is known about model Ts today, and how they were built, than was known forty (fifty, sixty now) years ago"? Remember me telling about some strange restorations where major parts were really wrong? Wrong by sometimes about ten years? And I wasn't talking about using a '20s engine, rear-end, or front axle in a brass era car? (That of course being a common cheap trick to get a brass car on the road because they all fit fine and work well. Been known to do that myself.)

Look CLOSELY! Know what you are looking at. Know what you want, and what you want from it.
It is a nice looking car, and could be a fantastic car for someone.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration