OT - Any 'Centsible' suggestions, for a critters problem?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Any 'Centsible' suggestions, for a critters problem?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 06:29 pm:

-There's got to be someone before me who's been invaded!-
We have about a 6X10 ft. roof-overhang with an aluminum soffit, above the balcony deck on the north side of our house... (A 2-story built into a hillside with a lower-level walk-out.) Being in the woods, gutter toppers were installed a few years ago, since my bride will no longer allow my arthritic 'behind' up on the roof. I now believe we have gained the additional residence of some 'flying squirrels' inside/above that balcony soffit area! Inquiring of a friend now retired from Orkin to learn they are a 'protected species', which might compound matters.... My friend said that they really don't care for the scent of a human, suggesting a smell "like an extremely sweated-up pair of old gym socks" stuffed in there probably would work. Conjuring up the locker-room smells of years ago, I can understand! (It's just that those 'old socks' have been long-gone, and I'm very unlikely to replicate them either....) 'Flying squirrels' are nocturnal, and about the size of a chipmunk, so we only hear them at night. Then, short of "a shotgun, a .22, demolition, or a skunk".... any suggestions appreciated!!!
Marv

Some pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 06:45 pm:

You could try one of those plastic predator owl decoys to scare them out. If that doean't work, get a rat trap and bait it with peanut butter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

Flying Cats .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

Taken from the Experts ...

@ http://www.wildlife-removal.com/flyingsquirrelattic.html

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Gagel, Orange,Ct on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

You can also put Oil of Peppermint on a cotton ball. The smell will usually drive them away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Marv,We use the kind you plug into your wall outlet with no problems in the garage of the 5'th wheel in the pole barn.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

-F. Jim-
Have family members allergic to cats...:-)
(Thank you too for the link!)
-Charlie-
My bride has 'peppermint extract' in the kitchen. Would that work or should I find the oil?
Am willing to try most anything within reason.
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:40 pm:

-Bud-
I'm not identifying the plug in you mentioned. This location is outside, an uninsulated extension of the roof. There is an electrical outlet (covered/weather-proof) down near the decking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

LOL.

We have to deal grey and red squirrels.
The grey squirrels designate the bird feeders and the Reds get into the house.
We have a two pronged attach.
One is trap them and move them across the river.
The second is a pellet gun.
The lucky ones get trapped.
The unlucky ones become dinner for the racoon.

The medium sized Have a heart traps work for the reds and the next size works for the greys.

A Crossman Fire 177 with a scope saves a trip across the river and gas.

It has become a bit like Caddyshack!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

22 rifle with shot shells. Sit on the porch and pick them off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

PS they are not cute little critters.

They are rodents that want to take everything you have
A lot like a liberal democrat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

By the way tried oil of peppermint and it seems to attract rodents. Does not work at all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Most nocturnal animals do not like light.

There are 120V AC & 12VDC lights triggered by motion sensor that you can also use.

In my trailer I have a nice 12VDC motion detector light that has a photocell so it does not come on during the day.

12VDC lights can be charged by solar panels.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

Marv,These things give off a high freek sound that we can't hear but they drive critters off. I would use a extension cord and place the sound maker where needed.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

I have a bat colony problem up in the roof wall of my garage, same thing, protected species, was told to wait them out until sept till they finish breeding and they will move on, until then what a mess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

-Royce-
One of my HS classmates now lives in Texas, and he says his biggest pests are the armadillos. The link FJ provided may give some answers. I'm going to try the peppermint 'thing' just the same. Fred, I'm in agreement with you, but we have SEVEN (7!) DNR Wardens also living within a mile... Don't know how 'protected' I'd be as a species! (I just support the 2nd Amendment 'on my own!')

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

-Bud-
Where did you find the Hi-Freq apparatus? I would think THAT would also work for Ed's bat-friends?
-FJ-
I already have the motion-sensor light up there, (like a normal porch light), but these critters are up/above/out-of-sight between the roof & soffit for the light to come on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:21 pm:

I never understand why people put out bird feeders and are surprised when critters show up. Take away the food source is the first step in getting rid of them and most other pests / critters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

I guess lights don't work on them after all.

Traps are recommended here:

@ http://pestkill.org/rodents/squirrels/

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

Please don't end up shooting them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Another friend had suggested 'Cayenne Pepper'? We know most birds like the sunflower seeds, and we put out a squirrel feeder with cracked corn. The flying squirrels have even been observed on our finch feeder.... Unfortunately, most of our favorite birds are not particularly fond of the safflower seed. We don't mind the flying squirrels or critters to 'visit', even stealing the grape jelly for the orioles, just not to be 'taking up residence' in MY house... Wild turkeys help to clean up what gets to the ground!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

-FJ-
Your first link said to trap and "release them ten miles away". We just want to keep them OUT of the house! Removing the food source while living within the woods wouldn't necessarily be a solution. And the variety of birds is (mostly) an inexpensive entertainment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Ed, Sorry to tell you, but once the bats have "occupied" an area, it smells of bat and they come back and back and back and. . . .
Been there, stuck with that!
They are only protected if someone who cares is around. As common as they are, I have NO idea why anyone thinks they should be protected.
As for the ultra-high sound gadgets, apparently the critters get used to them and the lose their effectiveness--at least that's what I've found here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

You won't have any effect on them unless you reduce their population either by killing them or moving them. Start thinking that way if you want to solve this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

A lot of "critters"don't like Moth balls. I used them to run off the skunks once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

I usually have rat traps and mouse traps set in our garages. I use peanut butter for bait. They are very effective in catching rats and mice. One day a few weeks ago, I found a ground squirrel in a rat trap. Just saying! I live in California and do not know anything about "flying squirrels"
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

In the 1996 movie MARS ATTACKS an attack by Martian's was thwarted by playing a Slim Whitman song to them. Maybe it would work on your squirrels. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSbigjiKLoU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

-FYI-
Doing some research: capsaicin pepper is the primary ingredient in 'Squirrel Away' and 'Squirrel-B-Gone'. It is also THE primary ingredient in 'pepper spray'! For my instance of use, that sounds very feasible. Now, to find out where & how to obtain it.... CA, MA, MI, NY, TX, & WI all have legal restrictions, so I'll need to inquire further. $15 on the internet even sounds affordable!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

Hello Jay.
Very strange coincidence.
I just watched Mars Attacks 2 days ago and thought the same thing.
Great minds...huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

Hello Jay.
Very strange coincidence.
I just watched Mars Attacks 2 days ago and thought the same thing.
Great minds...huh?

How about using bear repellent?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 11:51 pm:

Interesting thought, Mike. We're surrounded by thick woods, half of the open part of our backyard in wildflowers, and we've only had two bears (that I've seen) within the past five years. The wildflowers seem to attract the deer, while 'Liquid Fence' doesn't do much. I am going to be doing more investigating, but the pepper spray seems promising for what I need. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 03:22 am:

I have been told the three Sss works best. SHOOT, SHOVEL, SHUT UP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 08:24 am:

Use Kayan ( spelling)? Pepper. I use it to keep all 4 leg critties away. It works on grizzly bears, dogs, hogs, beavers, anything with a nose. They don't like. There's a critters in montana that will chew up your truck while we're up the mountain hunting so we pour some all around the truck and trailer and they won't touch it. Everyone else's truck gets the hoses and anything rubber chewed up. I use it to keep beavers from chewing the bark from trees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 08:38 am:

Trap 'em and haul 'em over to Mike Esik's place:-)

They used to sell something at the wild bird seed store that you could mix with the bird seed and the squirrels wouldn't mess with it. Maybe that's the Squirrel Away mentioned above?

We used to have an outside cat who loved to bring us the remains of animals he'd kill. Often times, it was flying squirrels. Unfortunately, he just disappeared. I think he met up with something bigger than him. Not long after, we found our other outside cat dead in the yard, ripped to shreds. Probably the same thing that got the other one. That didn't happen when we had dogs. We are down to one inside cat now. I'd like more outside cats, but don't want anything to happen to them. May have to get a dog so we can have a cat. Crazy ecosystem, huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 08:54 am:

Something that's works at keeping away rodents is Bounce. Its used when drying cloths to freshen them up. There are different brands that does the same thing. They have a strong scent that critters don't like.
Moth balls do the same thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 09:15 am:

Some of the pest control companies use a tennis ball soaked in male raccoon pheromones to repel raccoons from attics etc. They just throw it in the attic. Apparently the female raccoon won't have her young there because male raccoons are a threat to them. Maybe they have the same sort of thing for squirrels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 09:36 am:

The Sad Tale Of One Flying Squirrel:

@ http://www.topix.com/album/detail/albuquerque/HGOTHOP24TJKNAOG

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 09:51 am:

Lion urine. I guess it works good for keeping gazelles out of the garden. Apparently dog urine works two. Since I got my dog I can't remember seeing even one gazelle in my garden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 09:55 am:

I had a problem with pigeons. I put a pan of antifreeze out for them to drink where only they could get to it. No more pigeons

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Many tempting ideas! Will see what works. Thanks!
Mr. Esik - I believe the following story happening to me for a 3rd time would never have occurred: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/07/woman-gets-backlash-for-having-invasive-bea r-killed.html
Eugene hit the nail on the head....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 10:51 am:

-Mike-
Do you have the name of the guy that follows either the lions or dogs around, and does the 'collecting'???
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Marv because they are nocturnal why not place motion detector lights in the areas they like they will shun the light if it is bright enough! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 11:29 am:

To Ed - we had Bats in our attic. I simply put a couple of 40 watt-equivalent LEDs up there (use about 8 watts total). It took a few weeks, but they moved to the eaves of the barn. I'm OK with them there. Anything that eats bugs is my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

A friend got a bat inside his bedroom and bit him one night. He was smart to get the bat for a rabies test. It was very rabid both him and his wife had to take shots for a time for there own protection.
Guess raccoons are just as bad.
The more I hear about California endangered critters makes me happy to live at the coast with tsunami issues!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

Sometimes cute little critters can turn out to be a real nuisance and do damage.

I had a cute little critter chew a hole or two in my newly reupholstered 24 Coupe cushion. That's when I started using the bounce sheets inside the cushions and back seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 04:43 pm:

Found the spray ('good for 25 bursts') at our local Shopko for $10. The Wal-Mart was out of stock.... Keychain adaptable, too. It sure would seem like bats wouldn't care for it either! Will let you know if it works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

I put a sign on the bird feeder saying that the seed was only for the birds.
It clearly warns other varmints to stay away.

The varmints have been adequately warned but they refuse to listen so I am not responsible for what happens to them.

The northeast is overrun with squirrels, chipmunks, deer, and other wildlife this year. Some have said that it is because we had a mild winter and the weak ones were not killed off. If we get a normal winter there will be an abnormal number of animals after the same food and many of them will starve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

Peppermint oil works for mice, so it might do the same for other rodentia. I do know that it must be high quality mint oil, not extract, which isn't strong enough or long lasting enough.

Another thing you might try is menthol crystals; these are used for control of tracheal mites in honeybee colonies. They are available in 50 gram packets from beekeepers' supply houses. This one prices them at $7.00 each:

https://www.dadant.com/catalog/m001781-mite-a-thol-single-50-gram-package

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

Called, then went to our local Shopko box/retail store and got some "Sabre Red" pepper spray this afternoon. 15 grams, $10.49 with tax. 'IT' is some really Nasty, Nastyyyyyy Stuff!!!

Since the soffit area in question is about 8-10 feet above the balcony deck, it is able to be reached by a stream from an arm's length away. Calm air. (You won't EVER want to be downwind!) Consider safety goggles, even a rain suit if it is humid!
'Thumped' on the soffit with my cane, hearing the feet scratch & scurry inside the soffit..... Squirted a few streams into the soffit vents.... Waited and 'thumped' again... NOTHING!

I shall investigate again in a day or two, but wonder why anything would consider sticking around.....

(Meanwhile, my nasal and mouth are sensing that tingly feeling like Tabasco sauce may provide.) Am going to recommend it be carried by my daughters!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

Not ten minuets past two cow elk were fifty feet out my front door. I was running around making sure my dogs were inside the elk will stomp a dog to death. my camera was out in my truck or I could have posted pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 09:32 pm:

How about trying a very minty ToothPaste?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 08:14 am:

I have mentioned this before....I have left the radio on in my shop (24/7) for 35 years and never have had a mouse in there.
I learned this trick from an old timer then and have since passed this along to others in my area. They have had similar success. And yes, I have played several different radio stations with different music formats and they all worked for me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 09:28 am:

Jeff,

That is a very good tip.

Now I know why the radio is on in some garages when I visit folks.

I never would have thought of that ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 10:07 am:

Tried most of the methods mentioned with limited success One not mentioned is a trap stuck under a plastic crate with hand holes large enough for a critter to crawl in. Stack some wood over and around it to keep the dogs out. I have caught several in one day. A chip monk my bride thought was cute cost 160.00 plus a new computer on chewed up wiring on my Toyota. Wood peckers are hard to get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Jeff, Looks like there IS some fact in fantasy. I wasn't too far off after all with playing Slim Whitman Music to get rid of critters HUH!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 11:31 am:

We tried that once when 'coons were invading our sweet corn. Ran an extension cord up to the garden and plugged in the radio. Apparently the critters enjoyed the music with their dinner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

I forgot to mention my raccoon deterrent method.

A raccoon decided that it like to visit the Have a Heart traps we have on the deck at night.
It became a pain when they were caught - nasty dirty varmints - so we tripped the traps before going to bed.
The coon would made a clatter when it moved the trap aside so it could get to the bait.
I finally figured out a way to stop it.
I got a cheap electric fence charger from Tractor Warehouse and devised a way for the raccoon to complete the circuit between a metal plate and the trap.
It worked - after a few days I took it down and the raccoon hasn't returned.

During the test period we saw a squirrel try it out.
He brushed the trap while walking on the metal plate.
He cleared a 4 foot rail and hit the ground running.
I don't think that one came back either.

Now if I could only figure out how to use it to keep the boys away from my granddaughter, life would be approaching perfect!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

-Fred-
When racoons continued to molest our bird feeders and potted plants on our deck, I resorted to the ConiBear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRQxdvT0J8I which took care of the problem. Always use the 'set-tool', because a 'slip' could cause a broken hand or wrist.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

It has been a week, and as promised, to provide an update about the flying squirrels....
The pepper spray seems to have worked. No traces (sounds) of activity beyond past fecal evidence. Product used was by Sabre-Red, with primary active ingredient being Capsicum pepper. Capsicum pepper is a major ingredient in 'Squirrel-Be-Gone' or a companion product 'Squirrel-Away.'
Ed - Don't know how 'un-receptive' your bat colony would be..... I just know it is some pretty-nasty stuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

I will be honest, squirrels are a bad problem here. The neighbor lady thru the woods feeds them like pets.
The attic of my old shop,small building. They get in the attic. I bought some of that spray fox urine.I opened the door into the attic,3 squirrels were there. I sprayed 1 directly with the bottle.Instead of running he turned around so I could hit the other side. NO I aint joking.
I had metal put all the way around for boxing, they just stick their head under the tin in the middle of the sheet and go in like it is Motel 6. They started toting off tomatoes last year.
This year, once I saw 1 toting a mater, I got my old 22 short only Remington gallery gun out and popped his butt. 6 have went to meet their maker and more will go if I see them toting evidence.
Nothing I tried worked.

My neighbor that tried the chicken business in the 70's had a radio on all the time. Said it relaxed the chickens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 03:28 am:

Back when I lived in town, I took care of the problem with a bb gun (illegal) My neighbors would call the police when I had my gun out. I kept a broom handle out so after a bb gun shoot, I would put the gun in the truck and walk around the yard with a broom handle. the police would go by real slow and leave. After a while they would't come any more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

We have two English Walnut trees in our back yard and the Wife picks them up and then dry shells them.I had picked up 75 or so and put then in a pail that i left by the tree. You guessed it,the squirrel took all of them but it paid with it's life! If it's a Woodchuck,Possum,coon,squirrel or Snake it needs to move along before it meets MR Winchester or MR Henry!! Cranky old Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration