Old Photo - Model T Era - Soap Lake Washington

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Soap Lake Washington
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

Is that some kind of restaurant on the far right foreground? I don't think the food agrees with the lady in the chair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

must be a barber shop next door to!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

Perhaps the first building is a restaurant and a barber shop in one?
Reason for the woman getting sick.

Good Eye!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 12:32 am:

What do you suppose is going on farther down the street?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 01:17 am:

Soap Lake is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and was REALLY in the middle of nowhere
in 1925 or 30 ! A good 100 miles of harsh desert in most directions. Soap Lake was a "medicinal
resort" town back in the days when soaking in certain waters were claimed to cure all sorts of ills.

Here is another shot from the same period:

You can see by the background just how desolate the area is. The Grand Coulee Dam project
turned a lot of desert to the south and east into agricultural after 1942.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 07:36 am:

My kind of place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George N. Lemperes on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 02:08 am:

My family used to vacation in Soap Lake when I was a kid. My Dad was sure that a soak in the lake would cure all ills. He then would smear mud from the bottom of the lake all over himself and bake in the sun. Us kids used to dive down and scoop bucket loads of the mud and sell it to the people on the beach. Looks like the lady on the porch may have gotten a taste of the Soap Lake water. There used to be a well on the main street that had both fresh water and Lake water coming out of two different fountains. I could swear that they used to switch them around from year to year. I always gagged when I got a taste of the Lake Water. Good Times!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration