Stewart Wire Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Stewart Wire Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig French on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

These wheels were made in Indiana from 1918 to the early twenties. I purchased a complete set of these wheels recently. They have mostly original parts except for the center locking hub cap assembly. The replacement parts on my set have a brass threaded nut with a bolt located in the center of the brass piece. This bolt threads into the steel cup piece with the four fingers that locks into the tapered hub unit. When the bolt is tightened the steel cup unit moves outward towards the brass nut piece. I believe the proper locking assembly would force the steel cup (fingers) inward, not outward. I realize these wheels are rather rare. I went to both Model T National Tours this year hoping to find another car with these wheels. I didn't see any cars having them. I hope somebody might have some experience with them and can provide the details I need to make sure these wheels are safe. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration