OT- Can anyone identify these top bows?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- Can anyone identify these top bows?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

I pickup an old set of top bows that are NOT Model T. I will try to post a photo, can anyone tell me what they would fit? They are 43 inches across from out side to out side. They metal bows looked like they were leather wrapped and they have unusual scissor mechanism on the side.Top bows}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

Looks like a buggy top to me, although there were early automobiles that had that style of top.

Also, some buggy tops and early automobile tops had patent leather wrap on the sockets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 11:11 pm:

Many pre T cars came without tops from the factory. They were usually ironed to accept a top, which could be purchased from the dealer or even the Sears catalog. This landau bars are typical of the '08 and earlier era.

Look at the center of the rear bow on the inside. It may have a makers label. That's where the accessory top on my '08 Maxwell has a tag that says "Westchester." Westchester was an accessory company, owned by Benjamin Briscoe and associated with the Maxwell Brisoce Automobile Company. Their products were marketed by Maxwell dealers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Thanks Gentlemen! I will take a look on the bow for the label.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

They might fit something like this

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration