Green fleet cars in 1924?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Green fleet cars in 1924?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

I have a USA, falsie door, 1924 Touring car.

After seeing another one painted green paint, now I'm curious if anyone painted it green as a fleet car, maybe for a National Park service, etc.

Certainly, it was not a police interceptor, but maybe there's some history worth searching before I simply dismiss my green paint as the choice of an individual who did not know or care about originality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 12:26 am:

We have a 1917 in our club that is painted green, it was the individuals choice. Their last name is Green, their house is painted green also. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 12:41 am:

My 1927 roadster pickup was definitely a fleet purchased vehicle. Some previous owner put black paint on the tailgate. Where it is peeling the original green is visible. Sort of an o.d. green.

Inspection photo

Rusty is one of the center six cars above.

I don't know if earlier fleet purchases were also green.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Very cool history and photo, TH!

Green police cars!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 11:20 am:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Green+police+cars&tbm=isch&imgil=xhpq3724Lfc9iM%2 53A%253BDRyZaRpr15dYiM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.policehotels.com%25252Fh otels%25252Fpolice-photos%25252Fpolice-vehicles%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=xhpq37 24Lfc9iM%253A%252CDRyZaRpr15dYiM%252C_&usg=__J2_a2i422GIn6qH8hGNjAvuO0KI%3D#imgr c=xhpq3724Lfc9iM%3A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Chris, actually Russ T. Was with the Los Angeles City Fire Department, L.A.F.D. He was stationed in the Santa Monica Mountains at the south end of the San Fernando Valley at a fire station up on Mulholland Drive. These T's were called "Mountain Patrol Vehicles" and were used in fire prevention (underbrush clearing) and fire fighting. The model T finished off the last use of horses in the fire department.

T's weren't used for long, they proved the concept and were quickly replaced with the new Model A roadster pickup Mountain Patrol Vehicles.

They were fleet purchased and came in Ford commercial green body,hood and bed with Black running gear (fenders, splash apron, running boards, and radiator shell). Yellow L.A.F.D. and FIRE lettering, as this was the only LAFD vehicle not painted red it was possible to determine station location origin (only used in the two Mullhulland drive stations).

LAFDFireGreen

Russ T is the only Model T Mountain Patrol vehicle known to have survived.

TH

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration