OT 1931 A widened removal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT 1931 A widened removal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 11:58 am:

I need to remove the widebed off my 1931 Ford A pickup. Has anyone done this? How is it removed? The widebed has a metal floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

Darel;
There aren't a lot of wide boxes out there in the first place so I would suggest also asking on fordbarn.com in the Model A forum section. I am about 90% sure the wide boxes still used a wood sill between the box and frame so there should be the carriage bolt heads visible in the box unless someone has mounted it different at some point. Tom has his in the shop but it is so full of stuff and stuff stacked around it can't get to it to look. I will ask him and if no other info posted will update tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Darel;
There are 3 carriage bolts on each side mounting the sill and box to frame. They should be just past where the curve meets the flat bottom or very close to that point. You will have to get under the PU to remove the nuts. There are some 1/4" bolts with special heads that hold the sill to the box. Hope that helps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration