Update on the '22 Centerdoor...its been awhile~

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Update on the '22 Centerdoor...its been awhile~
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

The latest on the Centerdoor. Wet sanding and spot painting is my favorite pass time. Its a pass time that lasts for weeks and weeks. Urrgh...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Very nice! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

WOW! Beautiful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

More awesome stuff Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

That is going to be nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Had asked Don for an update... Neat to see the pics of fine work! Thanks, Don!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

Thank you all for the kind words. I decided to try out the Polyurethane paint on this one. Not too thrilled with it so far. It seems to require a lot more wet sanding than expected. It also doesn't "flash" like the acrylic enamels do. Much to learn on this paint job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

It takes a very smooth surface to get that kind of even reflection. A tedious job but one well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 07:04 am:

Looks good Don, a lot of people don't realize the time it takes to get it that smooth and straight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 07:08 am:

Great Work!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 07:09 am:

Stopping by Don Booth's house is kind of like a pilgrimage where your love of the hobby gets renewed. He always has a cool project to show off when I drive through Bay City and stalk his garage. Don also demonstrated his Fordor runs every bit as nicely as it looks.

I get treated to re-runs when I see his restorations driving through registration at the Old Car Festival.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 09:24 am:

I admit it's not my favorite body style but damn that's a knockout!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Inspiring .......!!!
That is beautiful ,,I can't wait to see it all together...!!
Keep up the excellent Work and thanks for sharing..

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration