Ford Part # 3450 Controller Shaft Bracket Felt

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford Part # 3450 Controller Shaft Bracket Felt
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

There was evidently some piece of felt used to hold oil for the Ford Part # 3450 Controller Shaft Bracket.

Does anyone know of a source or pattern for that felt piece?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

Off and on, the specific dates l would have to look up, there were holes in the frame siderails between the bolt holes for the mounting the controller shaft. These are for oil. Corresponding year of the bracket the shaft revolves in have spare holes in them that had felt stuffed in them, the felt to retain a little oil. So, I have just stuffed a cube of felt in them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

Should be square holes. SPELLCheck, thou art a female dawg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/377112.html?1374983789

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/46412.html?1201275896

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 12:51 am:

There are at least two different designs. As mentioned above, one is square. On my '25 they are round, and I cut them with a gasket punch. Since my felt was not thick enough, I stacked them. In addition, they was a period of time when there was no felt at all, and no holes in the frame or controller shaft bracket either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 02:52 am:

I have only ever seen felts in the earlier type with the square holes in the brackets. On our Canadian sourced cars I have not noticed any frames or controller brackets without oil holes. You have me watching now Larry.

Allan from downunder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 03:09 am:

I'll have to look again, but I think all of mine have round holes. But my earliest car is a put-together 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Recall that the later brackets had square holes, for the Improved Car....most have the round holes.

Here is one, still with caked and dried old dirty oil-filled felt in the hole. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration