Transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe raab on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

I bought this TT truck in pieces and I'm trying to put it together. It has a Worford transmission right behind the regular one and someone cut the low speed pedal off down under the floor board. Did they do this so that the main transmission is always in high gear and they just shift with the Worford which is like converting the truck to a standard shift. Is this the purpose? Has anyone seen this done before?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

Sounds stupid, since you must use the clutch to be able to shift the Warford - and even though you may operate the clutch with the emergency brake lever, you would have a hard time steering while both hands are occupied for shifting gears :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

That sounds pretty dangerous to me Joe. You're probably right, but dang. That would mean the driver would need to use the brake lever half way back to disengage the clutch in order to shift the Warford. So, while this is happening who's steering?

Sounds to me like you need to get a proper pedal and install it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration