OT- Anyone going to Speed Week?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- Anyone going to Speed Week?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Checking to see if anyone is going to the Salt Flats for Speed Week or the car show in Windover? I am leaving on Thursday and taking the T-Tanic. If your going I hope to meet you there. Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Leaving Wednesday evening for a 1500 mile drive out to Bonneville from NW Indiana with some friends from Philly that are racing a 1951 BSA motorcycle. I'm Part of a team trying to set a record with a 1951 triumph 500cc motorcycle out of California. Been going since 2007. Wouldn't miss it. Sat there in 2014 until it was rained out. At least last year was cancelled before the trip. This is THE year, I hope. Can't wait to see my salt family. We pit at the 5 mile mark in the back row. I'll keep an eye out for you and introduce myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

Dennis Please tell us about your car. Sure looks interesting. I just noticed the marine wheel. I hope you have a compass somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:35 am:

I will be there with a crew in the BGMR class. Hope to get the rig to 270 this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:23 am:

Saw a number of cars headed east on 80 today. Both driving and being trailered including a 60s mid sized ford wagon with a hood scoop and a very pretty early ford v8.
Makes me wish I waited on the ten tooth pinion for my coupe.

Kirk in so tahoe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:36 am:

Dennis I think I met you 4 years ago there when Clayton and I brought his speedster out. I am hoping to bring my speedster next year with my son Carston. quick question do you have T parts for sale sheet metal frames drive trains and such. I am looking for my brother in law he wanting join on a drive to speed week in a couple of years after has built a hopped up T like Claytons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Saw your car Dennis, but couldn't find you. Returned home yesterday from Bonneville Speed Week. The team that I'm part of set a record. 4 mph faster than a record set in 1999. Doesn't get much better than that. Had a blast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Dave, I am sorry that I didn't get to meet you, congrats on the new record. Chris I have some parts and some of the other guys in the area also have parts stashes. If you know what you are looking for we may be able to help, I know that there are not any roadster bodies but you might be able to make something unique out of what we have. Gene I thought that I would put the info on the T-Tanic on the show us your speedster thread, Thanks for asking about it. Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 06:49 pm:

I was there, our race cars laid down us, not a total loss as we were just trying to beat our own records. My 36 got more attention than the race cars.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration