More visitors: Touring the USA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: More visitors: Touring the USA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

Antonio del val López is from Capella Aragon, Spain. He and his son David have been to Greenfield Village, the Piquette Ford plant, Lincoln's home and the old state capitol in Springfield, and New Salem, and now they're following (approximately) old US 66 to California. Antonio has a Model A (T's are scarce in Spain) and had driven a T only once before, so I rode along and had him take the 1915 for a spin. I told David that at 15 he's not legal to drive on a public road, but I happen to have a private road. So I rode along again, and he made a low-gear drive on the road to the brush pile. I told him now that he's driven a T, he's qualified to buy one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 02:03 am:

Shame on you, Steve. You've done gone and flung a craving and inflicted more innocent folks. :-) :-)

Howdy from Florida and hoping to see you again one of these days. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 05:46 am:

Steve,

Thank you so much for being such a great ambassador for our hobby!

And wishing Antonio del val López and his son David a safe and fun trip across the USA.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 08:37 am:

So they've been hitting all the Model T hot spots -- Greenfield Village, the Piquette Plant, and Steve Jelf's garage. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 09:33 am:

Good job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:10 am:

Señor Jelf buen trabajo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. South Coast. NSW. OZ on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

When T people who live outside the USofA (like me) decide to make a pilgrimage to hallowed ground like Greenfield Village, Fairlane and the Piquette Ave plant, its a good thing to have an insider to help with the planning and to put some personalization into the trip.
Well done Steve, I'm sure their visit was all the more richer for your input.
My trip was all the better because of another forum member, Tim Moore and his family who made my wife and I welcome.....several years ago.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Steve, I know you wear Round House overalls but what brand blue shirt is that? Wrangler? Levi? And how about those leather boots? It's just that if I visit you I want to look "Geezer correct", not like a bewildered foreign tourist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

Steve, soon you will have to put up a giant billboard on the highway, you are becoming quite the roadside attraction for T enthusiasts. Kinda like the old giant ball of twine signs..."Live and in overalls!" "See him turn a wrench!" 50 miles to Jelf Junction..20 miles to Jelf Junction....10 miles to Jelf Junction.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

Cool story. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

Wrangler? Levi? Not for Mister Thrifty. Whenever I'm in Los Angeles I go see to Little Mexico (Broadway) and stock up on whatever they have for $6. The boots are another story. I'm willing to spend real dough for Ariat so my feet don't hurt. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Yeah stop by and take a "Jelfie" with the "Geezer of Parkerfield Kansas" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

Mid July '16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

The guys from Spain are home now, and Antonio posted some pictures on Facebook. They include a few seconds of video showing David driving my 1915 with me as the passenger. I expect they'll be back in the USA sometime, as they haven't been to Yellowstone yet.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration