Let's see your speedster!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Let's see your speedster!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

Rode up through north Alabama into Tennessee and back today with Bill Robinson - had to get a pic a "Greasy Cove" road.

Eliza, still needs some friction shocks and pan hard bars, haha and eventually a top! But I really like how she's running right now. Quick as greased lightning. Post pics of your speedster(s) along with whatever you're planning to do next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

Still under construction. Will be white and red.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

Mine is still under construction. Everyone has seen it till they are probably sick of it, but you asked for it Seth :-) Hope to finish it this fall/winter.

It has an original body and has Disteel wheels.

Rajo 4 valve with Columbo cross drive mag, cast iron dual exhaust, will have a U&J carb or Stromberg

Columbo cross drive mag

Sherman deep sump pan and Rajo oil gauge

This is the leather upholstery material that matches the mahogany steering wheel and dash. It is called "Aged Brandy"

I usually get to start back on my projects the day after Thanksgiving till Chickasha in the spring. All this talk lately about everyone working on their speedsters is getting me ready to go .. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

I like it! What's under the hood Hal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

Donnie are you gonna paint yours at all? I've always liked all the cool parts and details yours has.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

Seth- Don't brag too much- this 'ol Hack was ahead of you all day! Just kidding- that thing could eat my lunch!

Hack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

Seth Im trying to leave all the original patina I can. So no paint, only what I have to do to things that need work. I had to paint the firewall and Ill just let it age. It was a chopped up piece of crap but I had to modify it to lower the steering column, so it needed reworked and welded on a lot. The wood has been treated and painted but you will not see any of it. The exception will be the engine. I plan on making it shine like a new silver dollar. Ill keep it looking nice for a year or so and then just let it go. It does not take long for a model T engine to get looking 100 years old if you do not clean it often .. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

I always wondered how my car may look with black wheels.
I LIKE IT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Here's mine. It was built by my grandfather in '71/'72. We did the Santa Clara endurance for the first time in 1973 (car had different body back then.) when I was the riding mechanic at 10 years old.

This photo is at the start of the 2016 Santa Clara endurance run. That is my 16 year old son behind the wheel. He won the youngest driver and rookie of the year awards.

I love speedsters!

Tom
speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

Here's mine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Very nice Pic.of Father and Son Tom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

Chitteeeeyyyy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:00 am:

Hi Mike E,

Thanks for the kind words. I am so grateful that my grandpa built that wonderful machine and thrilled that we can still enjoy it.

The worst day can easily be fixed by a ride in a speedster!

I had one of those days yesterday. Here is a shot from a nice "attitude adjustment ride" from yesterday. That is the remnant of the defunct Almaden Air Force base on the tall peak in the background. Otherwise known as Mt. Umunhum. The drive up Hicks Road is a study in shifting between Ford high, Ruxstell low and Ford low.

Tom

speedster on hicks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:13 am:

Here you go, my 1922 Armadillo bodied speedster.22

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:37 am:

More of a gow-job than a speedster, but here's my project.

What I want it to look like when it's done.

And a few speedy parts on the work bench...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:47 am:

Hello Tom. Did you, yourself train your Son to drive the racer?
I purchased my Speedster because I so love the old cars and to try to bring back my Son from Parental Alienation through my Divorce.He's a car Kid!

He was very co-ordinated and drove tractors, Diesel locomotives.Even did well in a Cessna 172.
He was exceptionally good at parking Trailers with a Tractor.Inate!
You followed my wanted steps that I wished I had with my Son.

I admire you......and your Boy.
So nice.
This is why I'm lagging to get the Speedster on the road.
Bit of sadness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 01:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 08:36 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 08:45 am:

My primitive pickup isn't really a speedster, but it's got a lowered steering column and it's faster than most standard T's :-)

Nnn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:50 am:

My winter project. Too much fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Mike E.

Yes, I taught my son how to drive the T about a week before endurance run. He was still on his learner's permit at the time. He got the hang of it after a few days.

Luckily the endurance run route this year was pretty tame. There was not much hill climbing. I would shift the Ruxstell so he could keep his hands on the steering wheel. It was also very easy of me to control the throttle if I thought he was going too fast!

I now face the problem of having three kids and only one speedster. I better get to work and build some speedsters to prevent a war within the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

I'll play!

My '27 Roadster...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

Since retiring 10 years ago, I have been enamored with speedsters. If I had my way I'd have kept them all, however the one who calls herself wife, has had much to say about it. The photos that follow are with the exception of the Model A (wife likes that one)Have come and now gone in pretty much a steady parade through my garage.
They have all been a part of my learning experience and now occupy someone else's driveway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

I refer to mine as a "racer" more than a speedster - still, way too much fun - Zoom-Zoom !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

Back in 1955...

And now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

I've been saving parts for over 25 years and it's still not "road ready".

Next year I'll be retired and it will be one of things on the top of the "get-er-done" list!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Nelson on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

28 Years on the road and the fun hasn't stopped

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles oakland on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

FunCars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

So many good looking cars. After seeing that fairgrounds race and these speedsters I'm itching to tango. I smoked a Model A a couple years ago but haven't pulled the throttle in anger since then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

I do dig Steve Nelson's car.
Single seat racer is something I hope to have one day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

The photos donít do Steve Nelsonís car justice Ė it is an impeccable build for style, fit, finish and performance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

I have a little bit of fun with this old ford. Sometimes I chase Steve Nelson but I haven't caught him yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

Clayton and I have been friends for along time. He and I built my speedster for my dad, but unfortunately he passed away before he saw it done. We finished her and have driven it quite a bit. Now we are refining it a ilittle more so it is less troublesome. Seems she like to stay in the garage more then be on the road!

Just before we broke the crankshaft on our trip to Bonneville Speedway for Speedweek.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

My ultimate vehicle would be a copy of the Formula Racers from the 1940"s.
How great is that!
It's also ingrained in my mind due to the game MONOPOLY. I always chose that racer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

Here's a pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:26 pm:

or this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

I like them all!!!!!
Thank you for sharing.

Except for Mike's second pic....

At 60, that just wouldn't work.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Rob, I agree. Except on the Speedo. I still have mine from when I was a L.A. Parks and Rec. lifeguard in the early '70's. I find it works great inside my trunks when I take the grandkids to the beach. Still have the guard suit also... but that's over the top.

I remember one of the other guards had a tiny 3 cyl Honda car... it was one of the latest things, imagine a Honda with more than 2 wheels!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Meakin on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 08:48 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

From the national tour in Albuquerque.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

2nd time is a charm!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=baggy+red+bloomers&view=detailv2&&id=2871CFB 2FDDBF69A3C5FB5C8A66E5BBBF11E98AB&selectedIndex=0&ccid=HI%2fbb2uf&simid=60798680 5518107353&thid=OIP.M1c8fdb6f6b9f7416578b02fb5f75eeddo0

Rob, is this you style?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

2225 No. Dollar Special. (Our address is 2225 No. Dollar Rd.)

Assembled entirely from donated parts - hence, No. Dollar Special.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

Let's keep it going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

@ Derek Keifer.
I like your Rod. Very raw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 09:32 am:

I love the fenderless roadsters, alas my wife tells me that you can have too many model T's.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Mine's a little crude, but hopefully I'll get there!! All these great speedsters give me ideas on how to improve mine. Keep 'em rolling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Andy I hate to break it to you man, but, your wife is lying. You can't actually have too many Model T's. Lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Mark Chaffin's 1911 Speedster with homemade body1911 Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Heyd on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:27 pm:

ABC Speedster Body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

Ok, I'll jump in. Got it this far and took a break, maybe next summer,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Van Meter on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

With my Dad on the Kentucky Speedster Tour in June

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

My 1910 with HAL overhead and 1915, both being used on the filming of "The Son", here in Austin. 1910

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

Alas, I sold my speedster and I miss it. Must start another.
Seth, did you come up to Minnesota and buy your speedster body from me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

Jeff I don't have any ID marks but I'm pretty confident mine is a Faultless "Hoosier" body. My great-great-grandfather bought the T new in '14 and gave it to his grandson (my granddad) in the early 30's. My grandfather and great grandfather turned it into a speedster then so she's had this body for most of her life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

Hand Made 1919 Paco Speedster Body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

Paco Rear tail

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:39 pm:

Hand made Paco Body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:00 am:

God it is good to see some nice looking speedster out there. I hope Tim Williams doesn't mind me posting pics of T-bone his 26 bare bone speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:07 am:

Andy Suciu.
Paint it Orange and call it the Bell X-1!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 02:10 am:

mike Esik- I don't have the car anymore. I sold the body and am currently finishing up another body for someone else

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 06:55 am:

Here one that I built1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:16 am:

One more 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:16 am:

One more 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

Hello Andy Suciu.

You obviously are a Crafts-Man.
Have you done any aircraft parts?
Curious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Not a speedster, but a go fast

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Ahhh...single cockpit!
Looks like something Chuck Yeager drove back in the 40's.
Very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn - Davisburg, MI on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

Here's my second speedster build.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 08:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

Question for the first poster Seth. What are those carburetors off of?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

Hey Colin - I sent you an email. My carbs are Zenith S4BFs and they were an original aftermarket Model T carb. They came with a special offset manifold that moved them towards the rear of the engine in order to clear the generator (or high tension mag in my case).

Here's an older picture of my engine before I swapped to the Rajo head. You can see "Zenith" on the intake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

Mine isn't a speedster but was built for fun so it is a funster, a Sea King bodied bowtail funster. It started out as a boat that my nephew gave me that I didn't need and a pile of parts and stuff. The running gear is 1927 with a Muncie over/under aux trans, duel exhaust and a side draft L4. The fishing equip was my father and grand father's, the seat came out of my brothers bus, the hood is part of the bottom of the boat and held down with a level wind reel, the steering wheel a friend said that I needed it and gave it to me and the anchor is the only Chevy part on it(a broken crankshaft). We have a blast with this car, the passenger is required to wear a life preserver for safety

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Graeme Lockhart on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 12:37 am:

Here is mine 1914 speedster completed in 2014
current project 1919 Mercury body replica, lowered frame, suicide front end, Nearl Jern Chev head conversion with model A crank. Body will get hand formed metal skin1914 Speedster (2014 Lake Perkolili Western Australia)
1919 Mercury Speedster replica frame progress1919 Mercury replica Body pattern progress1919 Mercury body progress1919 Mercury body replica progress

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Gibson on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 09:15 am:

This is my 1916

I do about 2k miles a year in it and enter it in to anything I can, hill climbs, sprints, races and rallies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 09:53 am:

So to be true to the era, what makes the difference between a Speedster, ...and some other term such as a Gow Job or a Hot Rod??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 10:08 am:

Brent: These cars has been called different names in different regions and at different times. The agreement nowadays is usually to call the period looking 1910 and '20's style Model T's (and a few Model A's) without original bodies for speedsters.

A Gow Job is a stripped down T or A roadster with a four cylinder engine done in an early 1930's style with the original body remaining but without fenders (There have never been as many and most were built at the west coast, think Multi Aldrich and Clayton Paddison.)

A Hot rod also has the original body but it's built in a 1940's or later style with a pre '48 body, mostly with a V8 engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

This is my offering

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles oakland on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

Wonderful day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

Robb - What a fantastic picture! That's about as much "ACTION" as anybody could get out of a still picture! Not only the speedster itself, but the driver too! He has the look of experience, confidence in his machine, and determination to get all out of it that he can! Every speedster "enthusiast" needs a framed copy of that picture on the wall,.....in the house if "mama" will allow, or in the shop/garage for sure! Love it! .....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

Charles - To be fair, I really like the photo you posted too! Two completely different kinds of "technology" but not all that many years apart, right?

For that matter, lots of good photos on this fun thread,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

Robb - Recently, there was another great speedster photo posted someplace here on the forum, but I can't find it now. It was very similar to yours as far as speedster action on a dirt track with same basic coloring, dust, etc, and it showed several speedsters following the lead car, but kind of fading from view in the background due to dust. What a great pair those two pictures would make, the one I just described and the one you just posted. Okay,....I'll quit "babbling" now,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

Lol Harold, I'm pretty sure that picture Robb posted and the one you're talking about are probably only a few seconds or at most a few laps apart at the same event.

Is it this picture? Cause, that's Robb right there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 01:28 am:

Yup! That's it! Wouldn't those two pictures make great pair for any speedster fan? Thanks Seth,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 05:47 am:

Why do I suddenly hear "The Ghost riders in the Sky" song playing in my head?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

Restored my Mom's speedster over 10 years ago and am starting a new build. A little different so Im not sure if it "is" a speedster. I can post some drawings of my new build soon and while you wait heres the one my Mom and Dad built in the 80's and I restored a while back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

That did it guys. You've made my wife mad. She knows or at least suspected I've been gathering parts to build one for a while. Was looking for a drop tank to build a single seater but I found a large flat top pontoon for the body. Then I found a stromberg OF. Then I went to the OCF and she liked the speedsters. Now she has no idea after seeing these piks what she's in store for this winter. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll show y'all picks. Be done by spring. Now we need a dirt track in Tennessee or close by. California is maybe to far ( MAYBE)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

I don't own a speedster, and I have never had the pleasure of meeting Clayton Paddison. So I hope he won't mind if I repost a photo of his car that he has posted in another thread. To me this photo has everything, and is one of my favorite photos on this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

Oops picture didn't work. Richard we just bought land in TN near Jackson (nearest large town). Im working on something new but here is the last speedster I restored (Mom and Dad built it when I was a baby), hopefully she will be passed down to me one day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

I don't mind at all Wayne! :-)

Here is another I shot recently for my "Race Of Gentleman" Promo card...and the card itself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

These photos give validity to the phrase; "most fun you can have with your clothes on"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

You certainly have a good eye for photography.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

Mine and a friend's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Not mine. Spotted at a local car show. was posted here a while back in an attempt to find out if it was a kit or home made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Meixner on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

New phone. First time attempting pictures.Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Meixner on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

New phone. First time attempting pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

Where's the Indian with the supercharger?

Nice to see a thread pull some of the less-posting folks out of the shadows. Nice machines guys!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 12:01 am:

Steve M, could you please provide details on the frame beneath the red car?

Thanks,

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 03:13 am:

Loving all the speedsters. That's fine Chris Becker I don't mind pics of T-bone posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Meixner on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 10:13 am:

Tom, It is an Essex frame, Chysler front axle, Franklin steering gear. Did not want a cookie cutter speedster. Lots of work, but I have what I wanted.Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 10:52 am:

Charlie B,

That wood bodied car was for sale at Hershey. Only $47,000.00 Must be some rare wood...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 10:39 pm:

Wonderful speedsters gentlemen! Wow!
I got a ways to go. ;-)
speedster1
But I think that's what it was...for a time.
;-) I shouldn't have posted this but I just couldn't help myself.
I've been lookin' for a frame for a long time, for a long term "Twin Four" project of another brand name.
To weld up into a frame, I guess........ (shrugs shoulders)...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

Dewy, this where I started, I see that someone has cut the fender mounts off the same as my frame That is how I figured that it must have been some sort of a speedster or race car. It looks that you have some extra suspension stuff going on too. I gathered up what I could find here then started finding what I was missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 12:23 am:

Too darned cool John!
You're correct about cutting things off. :-)
Yup, I got those "don't remember the name of those shock absorbers blues" all this month. :-/
Long (single as opposed to the twin variety) arms and springs. Too pooped to put up.
Too cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Purchased this yesterday.

Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration