Stowe Vermont Classic Car show...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Stowe Vermont Classic Car show...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

Anyone going to the classic car show in Stowe Vt this weekend? I was planning all year on going and now I am stuck working all weekend at the Airshow in Burlington... Wish I could make it to Stowe but guess I'll have to wait till next year...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James L. Bodkin - Jim on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

I hate to bring this up, but rumor has it that there may be no 'next year'

Jim B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

sigh.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

I plan on going but am very concerned with the weather forecast. Can anyone in the area advise me? The weather stations are not all on the same page concerning the chances of light rain vs. non-stop thunder storms. Help: Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

I don't think it's gonna be non-stop rain. Saturday looks to be the better day with only a chance of a shower.

It's been an incredibly dry summer here with NO rain! Figures it's gonna possibly rain this weekend...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Thanks Michael: The reports I'm hearing call for over 1/2" of rain all day for both Friday and Saturday, so I'm still undecided. As for next year, maybe it's time to find a better location as the current one becomes an instant swamp in the low areas with any kind of precip. I liked the old spot up towards Smugglers Notch way better. Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Popadak on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 05:02 pm:

So what's the prognosis doctor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Bruce - Michael
Have you ever been introduced to a thing called a rain coat?
If you haven't there is also the handy plastic bag.
Make sure it is huge, really huuuuuge, as in big!

They are saying that there is a possibility of scattered thunderstorms with heavy rain in the afternoon of each day. But you might be lucky.

(Message edited by Nhusa on August 12, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Fitz-Gerald on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

I had a chance to go this afternoon. There were plenty of vendors. I had nice talk with Don Lang and purchased a pair of 1915 angle light sockets. The forecast for Saturday is clear in the am with heavy shower in the pm.
Fitz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:48 pm:

Fred, You must have missed my post....I am stuck working the Airshow in Burlington the entire weekend... I'd be at the car show in the rain (probably even wearing a raincoat) if I didn't have to work.... ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 11:01 am:

Well, we went to Stowe. Arrived Thursday and set up in 95 degree temp with NO rain. Friday was extremely hot with only two quick downpours so was much better than predicted. We packed up Friday night just in case the prediction for heavy rain was correct for Saturday, and it was. Overall there were maybe half the vendors set up than normal and about the same drop in the number of shoppers as I guess that both were scared off by the weather forecast. Stowe has always been an excellent flea market and show as the VAE guys really do things properly. The guys I hang with agree that it's sort of a mini Hershey in content and variety. BTW, it's on for next year too as the land problem apparently has been solved. Bruce

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration