OT- Garage organization / setup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- Garage organization / setup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded from sharing a two car garage with a roommate to having a whole two car garage to myself. Any tips or photos of a good small garage setup? I'm interested in picking up some ideas as I set up my new space.

First on the list is shop lighting to replace the single light bulb in the garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

This garage was posted a few weeks back. Most really liked it and a few were less than generous in their comments. It was built with a budget of $3500. Good a place as any to start :-)
http://12-gaugegarage.com/index.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Paint the walls and ceiling white, it will maximize the benefit of the improved lighting. I have flourescent lighting in my garage, but as the bulbs go out I plan to replace them with LED equivalents.

Build a sturdy workbench, bolt a vise to one corner, and hang a light fixture directly above it. Hang shelves from the wall studs to maximize storage without consuming floor space.

If you add wiring and outlets, put the outlets up at shoulder height. I have two quad outlets right above my workbench and two duplex outlets along each side wall.

Most important, buy two good size fire extinguishers. Hang one near each exit so that you can grab one, use it, and still have an escape route if the fire should get out of hand.

See the attached pics of my 3-car garage.

pic1

pic2

pic3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Throw in a fifty horse tractor thirty five foot home, eight foot metal lathe, two post car lift, thirty five file cabinets for parts and tool storage, three rider lawn mowers and other up keep tools, a fair number of tools that do not fit in file cabinets and your beautiful organization will look just like mine-----looks great Michael!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 03:47 pm:

Michael, put a small addition on. 50'x100' should do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

Michael, I know your garage is what it is, but if you ever get the chance to build one for yourself, my motto is that: It's hard to build a garage that's tooooooo big!!! :-)

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration