1926 Model car hauler

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1926 Model car hauler
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Ensinger on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

Anyone know what size enclosed car hauler I should get to transport my Betsy (1926 Model T) in. She deserves a nice ride vice on my open trailer when I have to haul her long distances... Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

I have a 8.5'X16' enclosed, 80 inches inside the rear door. Just about perfect for our '27 Fordor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Ensinger on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

Ed, is that 80 inch in height! Everyone I am seeing is 74 which is not high enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Nice car Chuck!! We bought a 8.5 x 18 foot but do not buy a trailer for only model T's.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Chuck - Not to speak for Ed, but I believe that he meant exactly what he said,....."80 inches inside the rear door".

And this might be a good place to "vent" some frustration that I have in regard to enclosed trailer dealers/manufacturers brouchures; they always tell you the "inside height" dimensions, which is absolutely MEANINGLESS if you can't get your car through the doorway!

The doorway height is ALWAYS the limiting factor in determining whether or not you can get your car in the trailer, and if it won't fit through the doorway, it doesn't make a darned bit of difference if the inside height of the trailer is 12' or 14' feet high! And very seldom do they tell you the doorway height!

Okay,....there! Now I feel better,........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

Yep, 80 inches rear door height. Sorry about the delay, I had to go back to work for a couple hours. Lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Our trailer is a bit of an oddball. They don't build the "Mighty Mover" brand any longer. I scanned Craigslist multiple times a day for three months, and jumped on this 2007 unit, fresh from California. Couldn't have swung the deal without the help of a special friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

We just bought a 8.5 by 20ft but the 24 was only a $200 more dollars but we use a 1/2 ton truck and that is all I want to pull. We only bought the additional length because we have a 70 mach1 and plan to take it to some of the cruises like Woodward. For now it's a great place for my model a or t. Looks like the A is going to the first fall show in it next month @ Pigeon forge Tn. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration