Transmissiom pedals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Transmissiom pedals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe raab on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

Will '26 or '27 pedals fit an earlier transmission?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

Yes. No problem. I've gone both ways with them for various reasons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Yes, but you will have to install them in a 25 or earlier hogshead if you intend to use a narrow drum.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Well, true. I guess the question should be can you put 26-7 pedals,clutch and brake, in a '25 or older hogshead. Yes. Can you put a '25 hogshead on a 26-7 transmission,, no.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

Why not Jim?
an early hogs on a 26/27, the only difference would be using a narrow brake band on a wide drum and no top bolts onto the block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

You, could use an earlier hogshead on a 26/27 transmission but, not vice versa.

stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Can't see why not Stephen, not that I can see any reason to try but all that a 26/27 hogs head would do on an earlier trans, would move the narrow brake band back an 1/8", still would be running on drum and drive plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

RE using 1926/27 PEDALS in an earlier hogs head.
The brake pedal for 1926/27 have different bends in them so the pedal will line up with the other 2. The boss it rides in is closer to the end of the hogs head. I have tried to install one but it didn't have the needed travel. I think but would have to check that might be some issues with using the low pedal also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

I may be wrong,but l think a 26-7 hogshead has a "bulge" in it to clear the wide drum. A '25 type hogshead would not have room in it to clear drum. Anybody? I am not where my books are and don't feel like searching for pics online.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 05:12 am:

Jim, it's the earlier 3 dip pans that doesn't have room for the wider brake band used with the 26/27 brake drum, while the brake drum itself would fit with both a 3 dip pan and a '25 and earlier hogshead. You just have to run a narrow brake band that goes on the front only of the drum since the brake pedal pivot point was moved to the rear in the '26/'27 hogsheads to center on the wider drum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:39 am:

Here's a pic of a '26-'27 hogshead on a '25 transmission:

Wrong

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Frank, the 26/27 hogsheads have the brake pedal shaft a little bit closer to the rear of the car than the earlier ones and if you install it on a narrow drum transmission the band will not be centered on the brake drum. That why the brake didn't work at all when I got my 26 coupe.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

While the question is a little vague I read it as; will the 26-27 pedals work in/with an earlier hogs head.

(Message edited by redmodelt on August 11, 2016)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration