OT; 30's Ford Coupe. Point me in the right direction please.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT; 30's Ford Coupe. Point me in the right direction please.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. South Coast. NSW. OZ on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

There is a space in my garage for a 1932 -39 Ford V8 Coupe, either a really good original or restored. 12 Volt and hydraulic brake conversions would be quite acceptable.
Living where I do, there isn't a market for these cars and I'm restricted to using just the interweb, I've only been able to find cars that are in the hands of dealers and consequently the prices are astronomical.
Could someone point me in the right direction as to where I should start looking please? Actually, ANY advice would be a help.
Thanks & Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

Early Ford V8 club. Look at the links page. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

Rob
Many years ago I acquired a 1933 3window coupe. Eventually restored it. Really nice cars. I wish you all the best in your search

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Talk to Ron and BJ up at Rons machine shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forums/cars-for-sale.7/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. South Coast. NSW. OZ on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

Dan and Les,
Thanks for answering.
I've just had a look at the Early Ford V8 club's site and guess what? There's a '34 (my favourite) there at a very reasonable asking price. It's not exactly what I'm looking for but now I have that link and will keep an eye on it. Thanks again Gents. Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. South Coast. NSW. OZ on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

Thanks also Ed and Royce.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1939-ford-standard-coupe.1016048/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

Nevermind, its sold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Rob
Just curious. What is a "astronomical " price. There are darn few non hotroded examples left. Where I live, I doubt there are more than a dozen non hotroded '30's Ford coupes left

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. South Coast. NSW. OZ on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

Les,
For me I believe anything above US$60K is over the top. BUT, I'm probably being unrealistic. However the '34 listed on the Early V8 club is listed at US$34K.
The exchange rates are something I need to keep an eye on too, given that not much more than a year ago our AU$ would fetch US$1.08 and now its around US$0.76 (Clawing its way back from 0.68)
Lots and lots of Hot Rods and Resto Rods to choose from. But I've been down that path before...in another life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 07:13 am:

Les and Rob, It's hard to believe but after generations of hot rodders and stock car racers destroying them, there are still a lot of originals left. A friend of mine buys and sells Ford V8s and comes across a fair amount of them. the last time I was there he had two 39s and two 40s. You can contact him http://www.joesoldcars.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. South Coast. NSW. OZ on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

Thank You Dan.
That's a great website and a great help.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 07:00 pm:

Rob
Try these guys in Portland OR. I've bought several cars from them over the years, and you can usually whittle the price down a bit.
http://memorylaneclassiccars.com/index.php

Not a coupe, but I've got a 37 Ford slantback with the original 85 engine/3 speed and a very straight body with great paint. I'd sell it for ~$30,000.00

seen here http://www.customfurniture.net/index_files/Page700.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. South Coast. NSW. OZ on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:26 am:

Thanks Rod.
Memory Lanes site is now saved with the rest of them.
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration