15 top and interior

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 15 top and interior
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 07:15 am:

Who sells the best top and interior for a 15 touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 07:43 am:

David.In My opinion Classtique has the best kit.
Web site www.classtiqueupholstery.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 09:28 am:

Thanks for the information

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 10:28 am:

Has anyone installed the Cartouche interior and top kit for a 1915 touring and were you happy with the results??????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

A friend bought one of the Cartouche top kits for his '17 roadster and basically had to completely rework it to make it fit. I told him to send it back and order a Clastiques kit, but he wanted to make that kit fit, even though it meant getting more top material and re-sewing it.
However, this is a third-hand report! I do have a
Clastiaques kit for my '25 roadster, but I'm a ways away from assembling it. (Bought it while I still had a good job, but knew my time was short, so got all the stuff I figured I'd need for the restoration--after all, my personal labor is cheap, but parts must be paid with "the coin of the realm!").

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

My '24 cut-off touring (now a pickup) came to me with a Cartouche seat upholstery kit in the box. It fit and the seat bottom was OK, but it was woefully short on cotton padding for the seat back. I had to buy more padding to help fill out the pleats. In retrospect, I should have added even more cotton than I did.

I helped a friend install a Cartouche top kit for his 1926 roadster. We really had to be careful how we placed the rear curtain and the top deck, there was very little extra material to allow for shifting around for best fit.

I bought and installed a Classtique roadster top kit for my '24 cut-off touring (now a pickup). It had much more extra material that allowed me to position the rear curtain and top deck for best appearance and fit.

FWIW. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

I finished my '14 Touring last October, 2015. Never did seats and top before, but the classtique kit is great! Plenty of material, cotton, batting and trim to do a class "A" job. And they are available to answer any questions that come up.

Take the job slow and steady, measure and measure again the seat back and the seat bottom and all your channels will line up beautifully.

Well worth the investment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:24 am:

Thanks for the advice-----ordered the Classtique kit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Good Decision!!
IMHO, at least!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

One thing to remember, if you buy a kit, take it out of the box and spread it out when you get it....don't leave it, folded, in the box, or you'll be working with some serious creases in the fabric....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

I intend to tour in Savannah, GA in November. Thanks to all of you for the great advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

UH oH, David C. is right--I'd better unpack those upholstery kits and lay them out in the hot sun while we have some!
I should've known better!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration