26 roadster top irons & bows questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26 roadster top irons & bows questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 09:29 am:

Hi,
I'm at the point where I am assembling my top ins in preparation to installing the top and I have several questions:
What are theses holes for?
And these holes?
And is this proper placement for this bracket which holds the front top iron.

Also the wood bows are they notched where they fit into the irons or just the same dimension as the inside of the irons?
Sorry about this post. It was difficult to place the images in relation to my text. Thanks for you help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Markus Huether - Germany on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Hi Will,

i did some pictures from the top of my 26 Roadster. The 3 bigger hols are for fastening the side Curtains (Lang's: Side Curtain female snap fastener receiver (attach to body). Order Number: SNAP-R.
The small 4 holes are to fasten the upholstery. I hope the picture will clear the question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

I disagree about the two pairs of small holes; for one thing they are on the wrong side of the bow for the upholstery. I can't think of the name of them, but I believe they are for the twist end type of side curtain fastener. I think the pics you did of them, that they are on your front bow??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

The small holes are for Murphy fasteners that are used to hold the side curtains! they have nothing to do with the upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

Here is the instructions for the side curtains from Cartouche. The two at the top left that are circled in red I assume fill the first two hole pairs. The others that are marked with a question mark I am a little unsure about. Perhaps the two that are circled together snap together on the same post. The one on the top far right goes where? The ones circled in yellow I understand. This seems to be the only instructions that I can find that came with the side curtains,
The other photograph show how the irons are roughly assembled on the car,
Thank you Markus, David and Jack!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

It is not a right hand drive car, I flopped the picture to match the drawing,

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration