Cotter Pins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Cotter Pins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

I see by my 1941 Machinery Handbook, you could still buy 3/32 dia. cotter pins in 1/8 increments. Nowdays, they are only available from McMaster Carr in 1/4 inch increments. A lot of original T cotters were in the 1/8 increment range. It would be nice if someone like Snyders would offer the obsolete ones again, so we wouldn't have to snip them off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

This source offers SS 3/32 cotter pins in 1/8" increments up to 1" long, then 1/4" increments above 1".

https://www.boltdepot.com/Cotter_pins_Stainless_steel_18-8_3_32.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:31 am:

I didn't see 7/8, and besides, I don't wish to use stainless steel! Thanks for the information anyway. I can't imagine stainless cotter pins on a T. They would sure stand out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 01:14 pm:

Sorry. Just tryin to help. Someday I'll learn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Grainger has them. Zinc plated Steel pack of 100

http://tinyurl.com/h3mn99o

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Dennis - There are many of us that truly appreciate the information and suggestions provided to those who ask by those who are only trying to help, such as you. Most of us (but not all) can say "thank you" without being condescending or dismissive. Don't let the others get you down. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

^^^^^^^ agree

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration