Anyone have a stereo system in their car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Anyone have a stereo system in their car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

Do you play Flapper Music or music from the time of your vehicle.
That would be very cerebral. Possibly an overload for me but I dig it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:37 am:

I don't have a working radio in any vehicle I own but I installed the Pandora app on my phone. Then you can get a speaker that will play music from your phone using Bluetooth. Type in what type of music/ artist you want and it will play it. Then you have a radio for your T, your 55 Fairlane, backyard or wherever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:47 am:

In a box cab TT, this would be an exercise in futility, .... and a great way to
cover up the sounds of that engine imploding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:49 am:

Wish I could find a clip of the boys with a phonograph under the hood of their T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWkXO3egEXs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:52 am:

I have brought with me my Bluetooth speaker, but it is quite difficult to hear the music at full throttle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke----central TX. on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:56 am:

May not fit, but I think this is a great song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUcVUpGOejM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:13 am:

Hello Luke.
Your tune cannot be had.

Working at the Train Museum they'd pump out 20 Music. I thought I was in heaven.I'd just sit there with the older Gents, and take it all in!
Nice and soothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke----central TX. on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:19 am:

Maybe not great, but funny at the least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 05:07 am:

Stereo?? Heck NO!! I have Surround Sound! Coils buzzing, fenders rattling, body wood creaking, exhaust putting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:42 am:

Steve - the gramophone in a T episode by Laurel and Hardy was somewhat misleadingly called "Autoradio":
https://youtu.be/ML8QtnnUo-M

I agree with David - there's already full surround sound in a T, and when it's running good you're so happy you may want to sing yourself :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Heh, when we had a Nash Metropolitan, we'd drive around and sing the "Beep-Beep" song! that was a fun little car, wish I hadn't sold it back then. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

Mike Esik, Curious as to what Train Museum you worked? If it's considered OT could you PM a couple photos? Maybe there is a shot with a T? That could work!
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

Mike Esik, Is that the museum in Edmonton? If so, I found their website. Great 'operating' collection!
Very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

David Dewey, Did you ever figure out how to get that little Nash out of second gear??? I'm sure only the folks who know the song will get that one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 04:24 pm:

Pandora and a blue tooth speaker works great. I use it in my model A s and T. As well it works out to be able to use it in the shop. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

David,
Yeah, and that Cadillac is STILL in my way!!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Oh, I just realized Mike, my T plays Flapper music all the time: the fenders flap here, the fenders flap there. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

I Bluetooth music to my hearing aids.
Phone calls also.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

I put a sound system into my pickup-truck. Stereo too. A little hard to get them sync'ed, but with a little practice it can be done. :-)1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

Michael,
Those "Phone calls" are just the voices in your head. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

David, The voices have already told me there would be disbelievers! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

I have a pretty good case of Tinitus in both my ears, and it's getting louder every year it seems, does that count?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

Tom Carnegie beat be to the punch ..... was going to post picture of our Amberola X on the passenger seat of the '26 Runabout...... sounds better with the top up ...... LOL . Thanks for posting your Edisons !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

With the advent of Bluetooth powered speakers, there's no longer a need to butcher up a dashboard trying to fit in a modern stereo.

I have a BOSE Soundlink Mini speaker that puts out an incredible amount of volume with incredible sound quality. If I wanted to listen to music while I drove I wouldn't hesitate to put it on the floorboard just in front of the kick panel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Funny, great Posts...hahahaha..

hello David Hagerty, The steam Loco. they have,
3620 (?) I did a lot of work on that plus Machining parts for it.

Good times. It was awhile ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

If you're ever in the Edmonton area, I highly recommend visiting the Train Museum.
It is worth all your time spent there and is run by a bunch of dedicated Train buffs.

It used to be open everyday but has been reduced to opening on week-ends and Holidays. Most people in Ed. don't even know this place exists!

I cannot wait to drive my Speedy over there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Luke, I like Jerry Reed ("the Bandit") and "Lord, Mr. Ford".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

I don't have a sound system in any of my T's and now the good people I tour with have asked me to stop singing when I drive one of my open cars.

There's also a rumor that because of my singing there's been a decrease in production in some of the neighboring dairy farms and milk prices are expected to rise. Several of the local swine producers are claiming their hogs are off their feed and the poultry and egg producers are going belly up.

Everybody's a critic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

Do your neighbors a favor and DON'T try to play music loud enough to hear in your noisy open Model T. I hate when a motorcycle goes by blasting music loud enough to drown out the noise of their bike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:42 pm:

Michael Garrison.....
Sing. Sing a Song. Make it simple to last your whole life long. Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear...just sing, sing a song.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

Funny post Michael Garrison.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

CORRECTION: Jerry Reed was truck driver "Cledus Snow", the "Snowman", in Smokey and the Bandit movies. Burt Reynolds was the "Bandit".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

I think it would be a riot if I had a T pickup or TT flatbed with as big a speakers as I could get in the back of the vehicle so I could turn them up louder than the guy in the car next to me at the stoplight so I could drown out his "thump-de-thumpidy bass notes blaring from his car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

You bet! 8^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

I like Terry's idea. I have some fairly large speakers from an electronic organ install (us pipe guys call them "appliances" :-) )
Michael, a friend of mine told me the other day that one Sunday he was feeling "under the weather" so he didn't sing in the choir. The congregation thought the organ had been tuned! Great guy, Homer Lundberg, you've probably eaten his family's rice or rice cakes. If he had a model T, he'd fit right in here! Since you're from Rice, this posting seemed appropriate!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 12:59 am:

Hah! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

I seem to remember Dan Cyr had a radio in his speedster a few years back. He was an LA fireman and when he retired he moved to live on a boat. Not sure what happend to the speedster but I do remember the radio..
Ps
I am still in Desolation Sound with very sporadic web connections, but having a great relaxing month on the water.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration