We have a new "recruit"!! Hehehehe!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: We have a new "recruit"!! Hehehehe!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:01 am:

We have a new recruit to work on this old "junk"! :-)
My son!
He's re-doing the valves on the engine that's down at his place! He'll reset the bearings and what not (tranny bands plus Atwater Kent ignition) with our help! I'll slip him a little money. :-) Crap, he wants rings too.
All this due to "3 T's and a pile of parts, MN". Pics are coming.
He's working on the engine for our "open cab pickup with a TT face"!! Ma thinks it's cute so we're "in".
New (used but ground and ready for guide reaming) valves and checking other things... :-)
He reset the "nose" (that was all fouled up and bent) on the pan. The frame and pan "nose" were bent bad and he fixed it up. The frame will be replaced.
Gotcha, kid! :-)
He's 33 (I think). Gotcha! Makes me happy.

On the other hand...
My buddy Keith commented today about my Grand kids and a rusty TT truck that needs love.... Ugh. :-)
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:10 am:

Fresh Fish !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:13 am:

Can't image the feelings you are feeling when....Son follows in Fathers Footsteps.

Share your happiness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:49 am:

Duey
Can't wait to see pics,
Did you end up with a lower windshield frame for 26-27 roadster ? If so I am still in need of one and a passenger side door latch. I've been wondering if you got everything home in this heat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

Last trip should be on Tuesday. Late car chassis with firewall and windshield (who needs a Ruxtell?), 2 TT rear ends (bad spokes), 2 TT cabs (poor) and 3 car frames come home then.
Dallas, lower frame is in that chassis if I recall. :-) Say, would you send me a pic of what your parts should look like? Shoot, I may have the frame already. "screw7934" at the gee mail. I do hope you ain't lookin' for perfection as I got little there. :-)
We're so "wrong" that Nate will add some steel to the ends of the stems of the s.b. Chevy valves to get his clearances for the open cab pickup engine.... NICE period pickup box!
Remember, Arthur and Louis Chevrolet were two of the guys that helped make some Fords go fast way back then. :-)
Mike, it makes me damn happy that Nate is starting his T journey!
Fresh Fish is right George!
That old cartoon of Chopper (the shark) and his little buddy (?)... Gotcha!
Everyone loves our new TT 'cept me, momma and Nate... That operating capital would be nice for the 20 roadster.
Pics still sucking wind on this end. Most pics taken (of the vehicles) with my phone (need extreme resizing).
LeSeur show wants me for a gig too and it's sheer madness. How does Uncle Stan do it?
Late next month is coming....
More to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 06:53 am:

I will e-mail pics of windshield . Perfection is not what I'm looking for. It would look out of place on my truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:56 am:

Duey
Sent You PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

Turns out my parents live about an hour and a half from you.
Tried to email you but says invalid address
Maybe I'm typing it in wrong
Please send it to me
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

Bmp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

Bmp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

email sent Dallas! :-) We'll get it sorted!
That engine he has NEEDS rings. But the loose pistons stay for the time being. ;-)

How could the nose of the pan get bent along with the frame? What the heck happened to that T?
Dropped?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

E-mailed pics
Maybe someone can post pics of 27-27 roadster windshield upper and lower so we both know what the thing looks lilt as my lower is missing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

Nice truck Dallas! Email sent.
Would you post your pics here? Might get someone's attention IF they check this thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

I would love to but can't
Tried to figure it out and my son tried
No luck
I got the pic , I think it's earlier than mine
Hoping for someone that has one would post theirs so we could see what I need

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

Here's a picture of a lower 26/27 Touring and Runabout windshield frame from the classifieds - unfortunately already sold:

Jj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 06:49 pm:

Thank you Roger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 11:09 pm:

Thanks Roger! We appreciate it!
The shapes make sense for Dallas's pickup. Crazy shapes!
I got nothin' Dallas. Sorry.
You'll get it sorted. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 01:04 am:

They're available new, but if you search long enough, you'll find an old one cheaper :-)
https://www.modeltford.com/item/WS-LHALF5.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 01:16 am:

That is a bare lower frame. Add the filler blocks, the cones, the studs, and the clamps.
It adds up to about $275 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 05:57 am:

Like talking M&M's they do exist! I'd like to find one with the rust like Rogers so it will match the upper. Thanks Duey and Roger

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration