OT-Beginning of New London to New Brighton.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT-Beginning of New London to New Brighton.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:14 am:

Beginning the tour. I'll try to post a few pics during the run.

The start:
http://youtu.be/qexNzVJNILI

Three Ks ready to go. They line is by speed potential.

We're last in line. Go figure :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 10:04 am:

First stop, Grove City:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

FANTASTIC!
Thank you Rob, I needed a day-brightener.
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 04:18 pm:

Good video and what a good turn out. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:45 pm:

Rob,

Thanks for posting! Many of us would love to be there to see the cars and people in person, but it just is a little too far or something else has to be done etc.

If you get a chance, would you please take a photo of the Tag on the front of the wooden windshield on the blue Model K?

(Thank you to Eric Hylen who originally posted the photo on the forum back on Aug 12, 2011. I cropped the windshield to highlight what looks like a possible manufacture's name tag.)

I think that car belongs to Tim Kelly. I am wondering if it may be a "Troy" wooden windshield or not. They were one of the windshield companies that also supplied windshields for the Model T at least through Sep 16, 1909 (ref page 485 car # 10,500).

If it is a troy windshield, please also take some photos of the folding mechanism etc. They may or may not be similar to the ones on the Troy Wooden windshield used on the T. But if they are Troy - I would like to have them for comparison purposes.

Have a great time on the tours. I wish you and the others lots of smiles per mile.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

Once a summer something magical happens in the small Minnesota town of Kingston. Several antique cars from across the country and around the world gather along Main Street with several of the Model T Fords and their owners from Minnesota.

For a couple hours each year we renew acquaintances from past years. The wonderful people of Kingston host a great get together and there's an unbelievable excitement throughout the event. The street becomes filled with automobiles that are over 100 years old.

We mingle among the cars and the good folks that own them and for a short time we are able too touch the antique metal and wood and smell the fuels and lubricants and exhausts of the past. We see and hear the mechanical and technological history of our country. We recognize the greatness of our ancestors by paying tribute to their machines.

Then as quickly as they appear, they're gone down the road and the Model T Ford people journey through the Minnesota countryside and back to the present. And the antique cars go on to their next destination.

Now the long wait begins for next August and the day when we round the corner in Kingston, park along the white fence on the South side of the road and wait for the past to come rolling back into the little town.

Rob, it was good to see you again. Keep posting those wonderful videos and take care until next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

My kids finally got to spend a day around some OLD cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Rob who won the race?
I was no where near the end when you where there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Herb,
It's not a race but a reliability run.

With that said, we did...... .)

This was the fifth consecutive year we've had one or more Model K on the tour. This year, all three Ks finished, keeping the K perfect record intact.

This is what a 67 car tour looks like from the passenger seat of a Ford 6-40 coming into Minneapolis as we approached New Brighton.

No one ahead:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration