Time for an up grade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Time for an up grade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Enjoy the comments about the Model T. Love these original cars and the ways to sustain the originality. Especially the ways to improve the now 100 year old design of the car's power plant. Computers for electronic timer for the ignition - makes the engine run smooth as silk. Vapours emitting from every orifices and spark plug hole - the cure is more tape and silicon. Vibrations from inoperative coils cured with the tap of a hammer, and the mystery cooling that leaks.

Yep, time for an up grade. I am seeking a chop saw to remove the 100 year old engine from hogs head so I can attach the new engine to the planetary gears.

More on this project - never.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:01 am:

foghorn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:33 am:

If you're old enough you'll get this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 10:00 am:

Theres nothing wrong with putting a v8 in a T, just as long as its this v8....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:28 am:

Ed I would do that swap in a heartbeat. That would be a ridiculously cool speedster engine. If I remember right it still uses the same crankshaft?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

Though I guess others would argue...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-/162167642232?forcerrptr=true&hash=item25c1 f1d878:g:W6EAAOSw0UdXrmen&item=162167642232

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

Ed,I would drive that!
I have got 1 of those 60 hp v8 transmissions down in the barn. Came from a 39 my dad bought and did not want the engine. has been laying around since 63 or 4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

A 1937 "Model T???". It reminds me if that Johnny Cash song " One Piece at a Time."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

It looks like fun. If I want to go faster than my T's I will start with something else. I have gone as fast as I need to in a T. SCARY!
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

I like the model T s like A s because of their design, smell and their history. I couldn't cut one up myself. Just my opinion. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration