Help!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 10:50 am:

I posted this on the classifieds, but thought I'd reach out here as well. I am in desperate need of a pair of decent gas headlamp mirrors for my '14 T. My lamps are early Corcoran and came with the smaller, Pyrex glass mirrors that are held in place with metal spring clips. I sent them to "A Moment In Time" re-silvering shop last month, only to find out that they are no longer in business and their shop has been condemned. I have no idea where my precious mirrors are or how I can ever get them back, since the phone number provided by them has no answer. I'm kinda in a bind, as the OCF is coming up in Sept., and I want to be able to drive in the gas light parade. I really need a usable pair of headlamp mirrors, so if anyone can help, I'd really, really appreciate it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Bill, is there a tracking # on the mirrors? I'm sure you've already checked into that but had to ask. Sure hope you find something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Tim, it was delivered long ago so the tracking number won't help. I'm really upset about this whole deal. I spoke with the owner prior to mailing them out, and she said the turn-around time was two weeks. If she was in financial trouble, why the heck did she have me send my mirrors to her?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

Looks like they aren't too far from Steve Jelf?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Yes, Ed, I already talked to Steve and he kindly went to the store yesterday and told me the building was boarded up and marked as unsafe. Apparently the tenants, including "a moment in time" vanished and I haven't had any luck finding them, along with my mirrors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 05:29 pm:

Bill, is there a Chamber of Commerce? Local Police Dept??
Just some ideas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

Bill...so sorry to hear of this mess. Wish there was something I can do to help other than pray for a positive outcome. And that I'm doing my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Maybe this place can provide some for you
http://www.veteranautolamps.com/Corcoran%20Head%20Lamps.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

What is the diameter of the mirrors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

This place has all sizes listed in their catalogue

http://www.brassauto.com/cars8.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Here's a suggestion. The headlights on our 1910 Buick (Corcoran lights) have a 5 or 6" mirror. It is only like 1/8" thick. What I use was a glass like would go on an old mantel clock. You can probably find the glass on line. I took them to mirror shop and has them silvered. The rim that held them in looked a lot like a 3 lb coffee can. So that is what I used. I soldered some tabs on it, drilled some holes in the tabs for brass bolts, painted it flat black and silicone the mirror in the ring. You can't really tell it from the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 07:27 am:

Wow, thanks for all the great ideas! I really appreciate the input! I will call the city official tomorrow and hopefully he can give me some answers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Sumner lapeer mi on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Bill, While I was searching for a mirror for my gas spotlight , I used a mirror from a ladies magnification makeup pedestal mirror. It looked fine, but I would not burn the lamp with it. Les

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration