Scat crankshaft in 1910.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Scat crankshaft in 1910.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale McMurry on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

Will a Scat crankshaft work with the one piece
oil pan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

The standard one will. The stroker crank won't fit without some modifications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

All of this recent discussion about one Scat Crankshaft breaking is making me a bit nervous. I have one installed in my open valve 1910 engine as I didn't want to take the risk of a old original parting ways and poking out the side of a valuable block. I keep telling myself, the recent event was a once of and the one I have is still bullet proof!!
Fingers crossed as we are going for a cruise today
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Alan,

You might want to revisit that post for all of the latest information including a response from the owner/manager of SCAT. My reservations about SCAT cranks are history. I wouldn't hesitate to use one, as long as the rods get setup/fit correctly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Gary, I believe you are 100% correct as our tour yesterday was uneventful as far a car troubles went. My faith is restored!
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 02:21 am:

Dale, we have built several open valve engines with one piece pans using the Scat crank. (stock stroke and journals) It is the best you can get to preserve your block from being destroyed by a broken crank.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration