Troop 183 Update, 13 Aug 16

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Troop 183 Update, 13 Aug 16
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:53 pm:

Howdy from Kansas!

It has been a long hot summer, but it's about over.

As a troop, we aren't overly active once school lets out, but since I'm a teacher, I have a few days to work on projects. To keep the schedule moving, I'd bring "homework" home. My goal was to get the front end rebuilt and we crossed that off today.

After getting the individual parts ready, we "put it all together." My son learned new skills today: how to use an impact wrench and how to install cotter pins.

The first picture series is a "before" picture. the work we did today and the "after" picture. The second series is a battery cutout switch I mounted to an old starter switch base-plate. The last pictures are miscellaneous parts that were reworked over the summer.

Thanks again for all the help and advice. We're a long way from done, but we're moving in the right direction.

Best

Mark

Before

After

Battery Isolation Switch mounted on an old starter switch plate.

Misc. Parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 12:21 am:

Father and Son = Tight.
So wonderful.
Happy for you both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 06:57 am:

Mark,

Thank you so much for working with the Scouts. It is great to see the progress you, your son, and the troop have been making. The other help will be back soon, now that school is starting.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

Hey Mark. I have been wondering what has been happening with the T. It is looking good.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration