Holley Model G Carburetor Adjustment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Holley Model G Carburetor Adjustment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Ogle - Chalfont, PA on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

I have a 1915 T that I am bringing out of long term storage. The Holley Model G was cleaned and new man made float material (from Lang's) was machined and installed. When I installed it on the car and opened the mixture screw 1 1/2 turns the engine started and ran. I found the sweet spot in the adjustment and left it there. Subsequently I can not get the engine to fire. Is there any documentation out there to adjust the float? I bench tested the float and needle valve and it opens and shuts off easily. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

Are you cranking the car a couple of times with the choke closed to prime the cylinders? If not, try that and see if the car will start with your "sweet spot" mixture setting.

If that doesn't work and you're sure that your ignition and fuel feed systems are working properly, then try richening the mixture for starting.

Some cars need a bit of enrichment for starting. Try richening the mixture 1/4 turn. Once the car starts, slowly lean out the mixture as the car warms up until you are back to your "sweet spot" setting. Should take 1 minute or less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Ogle - Chalfont, PA on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

I'll try that. I did prime 3 times with choke on prior to turning on ignition to battery. I will also double check to make sure I am getting a good spark to all the plugs. Am using a 6V battery for hot shot. There just isn't much information on the Holley 2 and 3 screw carbs out there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration