Pickup short bed?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Pickup short bed?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Mueller on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

I'm working on a 26 roadster pickup project that I inherited. I dont know much about where the car or parts came from. Today while attempting to start putting the pickup bed together, I ran into something odd. This bed is 48 inches long, and not 53 like it should be. The metal strips, as you can see are too long. Did they make a Model T with a short bed? or do I have something completely different, or custom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

From the stamped in pattern on the sides, I would say someone did a high quality trim job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 05:04 pm:

I like it. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

You have a custom short bed now!

The stock are longer, but that shorty is sure neat!

Reg. stock length.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

If you wish to get it right, now is the time to do it. '26 beds show up all the time, both early and late. Don't waste your time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

That's an awesome bed! I would have no problem using it. Great unique touch. If you decide not to, I'm sure you would have no problem finding someone who would trade straight across for an unmodified one. That would work well with an enclosed cab truck conversion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Mueller on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

I'm pretty sure i'm going to use it. Wouldn't be too hard to shorten the rails. I'm really just trying to figure out how it got to be so short. After some googling I've seen some places that make 48inch beds for the Model A. But I cant find anything that says Model A's came with a short bed or not. Is it possible I have a Model A short bed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 01:57 am:

Sean,
No, the Model A bed is quite different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

There are soeme that might argure that both the 48 and the 53 are short beds. One is just shorter than the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mattress wade on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

This bed mode is too short£¬It does not fit.https://www.sunrisingbed.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 02:06 am:

It was probably shortened for someone's bucket T hotrod project a long time ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Seems that someone went to a lot of work to just shave five inches off it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration