Need help in Denver IOWA ........

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need help in Denver IOWA ........
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 04:50 pm:

I sent a bank cashiers check for $425.00 to Duane Schlomann in DENVER, IOWA . It was for a complete 1927 Ford Roadster Windshield. That was quite a long time ago. When I call to ask him to please take the time to ship it is never shipped. He says the checkis in front of him but he never cashes it and he never sends the part. What would you do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

How much hassle and expense is it to stop payment?
I have no experience with cashiers checks. I would feel better having $425.00 in my hands at this point. If he would finally ship, tell him you will gladly send payment upon delivery. Some folks just need motivated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

Stop payment! It can be done by the issuing bank. Just notify them. May cost you a couple of bucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

Have Hook Nose and Knuckles pay him a visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

I need the windshield. So I am going to hope he sends the windshield soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

Trouble is, he has the windshield AND your check. I don't want to be Mr. Obvious here but... you are at a distinct disadvantage. I have always been the proverbial optimist but, what if he cashes your check and you never find him again? As I said, some folks need motivated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Put stop payment on that check tomorrow.

May find the bank can't as the check has been cashed.

His words "check in front of him" is the same as his promise to "sent the part"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

Google seems to indicate he is a real person BUT... At 88 years old he may be having a hard time getting the windshield packaged and off to you.
Have you suggested to him that you could pay a friend to package and ship? OR Pay someone from this forum to go get it. OR otherwise be a bit creative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George N. Lemperes on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

Denver Iowa is about 4 hours from here. If you can organize things on his end, I would be happy to go and get the windshield for you and personally ship it to you. He should refund the cost of shipping to you though. Let me know how I can help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

Daniel and George, I've got a couple of buddies and relatives that live pretty close to there and can contact them if you don't get some results.

Maybe one of them can pay your "friend" a Visit?

Let me know if I can help ya!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration