One piece, ford script valves

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: One piece, ford script valves
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

Was sorting some stuff the other day and found some one piece valves, ford script with the two holes in them, Did not know Ford ever made one piece valves. Any one know anything about them? I will try and get pics in a day or two. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Late 27 MAY have had these, and probably all engines made up till the end in '41.also service parts produced after the end of car production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

Yes Dan, do that. I'm with you. Never seen a valve like that! Perhaps it's something they did in the late '30s or early '40s before they stopped stocking T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 07:49 am:

Actually, one-piece steel valves were used on 26-27 TT trucks, while the two-piece valves continued to be used in passenger car prodection.

Respectfully submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:36 am:

Thanks Trent for that info. I assume that you got that from the Research Center, was there any reason why they did that? Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:37 am:

Bruce's documentation , page 572 of his Big Book, states letter from Fargo branch, and May 31, 1927 letter to all dealers, "All-steel valves now used in all production except those for export."

Fargo branch letter: "...special all-steel valve for Model T cars and trucks in now available in service stock.....all steel valve is much superior to the present type and we therefore recommend its use in your repair and service work".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:49 am:

"much superior" That cuts it. Thanks to Dan T. By the way, hope to see you in Hershey. And, the New Hiway to Memphis is now open. No more taking the Coalburg Road cutoff. Dan H.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

Dan,

You are correct. My source was a document in the Benson Ford Research Center listed under factory number TT-532 (T-532 is the motor assembly for a standard Model T). I recently ran across the document in my collection, but now I can't lay hands on it.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

I had a 1928 T engine that I picked up on my way through Ne about 40 years ago that was used as an industrial engine for errigation. It had the all- steal Ford valves in it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration