Connecting rods/cylinder lube problem?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Connecting rods/cylinder lube problem?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Delancey on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

How do the connecting rod caps/cylinder get lube? I thought there is a slinger of some sort. My rod caps don't have anything!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

The magnets on the flywheel make a oil mist to lube it all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Delancey on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

Thanks Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

There is also a tube with a funnel runs from just in front of the flywheel to just behind the camshaft gear. These tend to plug up with band lint and various by products of combustion. This is how oil gets to the front of the pan. My trick to see if this oil feed pipe is still in the game is to take out the right front Bolt that attaches the pan to the bottom of the crankcase,put something under it to catch the oil and start 'er up. Oil should run out the hole the bolt came out of in a stream. If it does not, or is real slow, time for an outside oil line kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

Every so often I run the engine at a quick idle, take the cap off the spout and watch to see if there is oil splattering between the teeth of the gears and getting to the inside of the filler hole. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration