OT. Are birds pigs?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT. Are birds pigs?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

People sometimes say something like When Pigs Fly, but I think the yellow finches that are visiting us are pigs.

They have gone thru 40 pounds of black oil sunflower seeds in four days, and even come to the feeders that are hanging while I am filling others.

The humming birds are not much help. They buzz around me while I am filling the feeders.

The wood peckers seem to be even more bold. A mom, dad, and at least 3 young-uns land on the feeder I am filling.

The wood peckers seem to like the humming bird nectar but I realized that that were after the bees and ants that were taking a sugar bath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

Fred...same here but we'll add one more to the fleet...Orioles! Now there's one bird that can suck down the orange marmalade...8 jars in two months! Love 'em but we're kinda glad they went back down south.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

I think birds are worse than pigs! Pigs poop in one place and birds crap on everything!!!!!!!! I like to see the geese raise their little ones around our 1 1/4-1 1/2 acre pond but watch your step!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

That sure sounds like a load of crap to me. :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

haha..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

I spray for birds and frogs every spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

I forgot to mention the morning doves that feed on the seed that is on the ground.
Their wing make a funny squeak when they take off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Burger....you kill frogs???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

Don't you ?

All that cute frog business. Making all that noise ! Next thing up is children
laughing and playing. There should be a law !

Much better to have roaring traffic, passing cars with thumping stereos, or
best of all, neighbors with dogs that bark all day long at the passing clouds,
a breeze moving the tree limbs, distant noises ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Have you ever considered living on the Moon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

The best are the little foreign fart cars with that pathetic noise coming out of their back ends.

Or the F350 diesel fords with the incinerator stacks sticking up out of the front of the box and blowing black crap out on an unsuspecting world.

The absolute worst are the fifteen 3 year old brats and their screaming while they ride their stupid little bikes with their stupid plastic training wheels up and down the stupid street while the stinking, barking, ugly, stupid, little, neighborhood dogs bark incessantly throughout the day.

And then there's the airplane flying up and down the potato field across the road spraying liquid chemical fertilizer, some kind of genetically acceptable Agent Orange and altered DDT potato bug repellent all over my vehicles and house and those noisy damn kids.

Did I mention those damn brats?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

Mike, Have you seen his Desoto? I think he came from the moon. scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Oh, that's a Desoto? Well so much for those Fabulous Fifties. Is it any wonder why the dogs are barking.

Actually I saw a picture of his Desoto a few weeks back. Pretty dang worthy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Michael Garrison...I have remedy for that.
Cement in both ears..hahaha.
Of course it's all in fun..................right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
Oh wait, I don't have a lawn. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

Scott Owens, were you talking to me about the Desoto?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Oops, sorry, most of the time I'm Mike. I'll go back to being Michael.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Scott Owens, were you talking to me about the Desoto?
-btw, too many happy people here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

Now I'm feeling insignificant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:32 pm:

You Fella's can call me Simon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

I loathe pigs...I think they should all be eaten!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

No Mike, you're Mike. I realized I didn't see the Desoto. What I saw was a Dodge Coronet. So it's okay! You're Mike! I swear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

The Simon Mike or the Mike Michael?
What's my name supposed to be???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Yes, yeah, okay, yup!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe it's time once again for the infamous Frank Harris "Smiling Pig".

Take it Frank!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

It's probably been sprayed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

He flaps his wings and flys (although its in circles)

pig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

So does a cow with Mad Cow Disease.
It's from the sprayin..I tells ya!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 11:03 pm:

Poor Frogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:28 am:

Speaking of frogs, this thread has become seriously derailed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:34 am:

This is a Frog!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:34 am:

Mike Esik, No I was not talking about you. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 01:44 am:

Both are frogs. The one above is a rerailing frog .... carried on many steam era locomotives for
minor derailments fixes. Hence the comment about a derailed thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 04:19 am:

But that frog pic is pointless!!! :-) We've managed to get on the side track here, eh??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 08:16 am:

What Burger described last night sounds like the "good life" to me. Beats the alternative. :-)
Fred, we have the morning doves too, it's weird how their wings squeak. I guess they missed the memo on the 2,000 flap grease job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 08:35 am:

Fred, you are lucky. We are only able to feed birds Nov 1st to March 1st, because of bears.130531

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 11:24 am:

W C Fields once said: "A man who hates kids and dogs can't be all bad." (He said it - I didn't)!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

My wife works from home. She has one of those suet bird feeders just outside her office window. She and the cat love to look out the window at the cardinals on the feeder. Only problem is keeping enough of those suet cakes on hand to keep from running out. We found a recipe on line to make your own, but it calls for lard. Tried finding lard in a modern grocery store lately?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

I found a way to keep the raccoons, bear (there is one hanging around Newfields) and squirrels out of the feeder - it is a $31.99 electric fence charger from Tractor supply.

It is surprising how quickly they learn to stay away!

The raccoon and Bear got the message real quick!
The squirrels don't inform their buddies so we put it back up when the neighboring squirrels come to visit.

Hal - we get the suit cakes from Walmart at less than a buck each in the eight pack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

We have doves, bluejays and cardinals feeding and fighting the squirrels. Funny how regardless of what we feed them they crap white on my black car and black on Steph's light colored car.
Doves must have two butt holes...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

Hmm, I don't think any of those birds can match a Peacock! We had a Pea-hen "adopt" us for a while. Was nice having her around because she kept snakes, etc. away (they seem to hate snakes), and she was a funny bird; if you were doing something outside, she would come over and watch--as long as you ignored her! Turn to her, and off shed run. BUT she pooped everywhere, BIG poops too!! Liked to climb up on things too--the house, the truck, etc. etc.
Just disappeared one day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

Fred,

Haven't seen the 8 pack. We've been going to Lowes and they just have singles. I think they are $1.70 or so each there. I have to say I don't get to Walmart very often, just on principle, but an 8 pack does sound enticing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

I had six Cardinals show up at my feeder but then the Pope came and chased them all away! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

Christmas Tree Shops have suet for around a buck a cake - the "no melt" suet is about $1.15. BTW Dennis - the bird was named for the Catholic Cardinals. I wonder why...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

@ Dennis Seth- LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 05:25 am:

My wife runs the welfare office for the birds and squirrels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

Maybe I could borrow some of Burger's frogs (the ones left alive) to get after the crickets that have invaded my house. When I go to bed I have to pretend I'm camping!!!

Suet - if you are also buying something else on Amazon, I saw a 10 or 12 pack as an "add-on" for less than $7.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

hahahahahaha....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

. . All of you guys make us laugh

frogs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

Riiiiibbiitt......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

.............. . You guys make me sick !

pig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 11:51 pm:

I'm very happy I joined the Comedy forum....er Model T Forum.

It's great.

Happy Days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:02 am:

Well Frank, that isn't the smiling oinker I was expecting but, that'll do Frank, that'll do.

That pig looks like me after the last deep-sea fishing trip I took.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:06 am:

You have nice teeth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 03:39 am:

I'm remembering now that years ago we were visiting my folks in Kona and we took a trip to Hilo. The frogs outside the motel room in Hilo were so loud we had to close the windows to sleep!
We get frogs here on Dewey Mountain, but they're not that loud!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

Dave, the frogs are just as loud it's your hearing that isn't as good! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

What??? Speak up, stop mumbling!!!
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration