Old Photo - Model T Era Ford Shop Floor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era Ford Shop Floor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

I think i see a very early engine hoist.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

There's a strange sense of deja vu!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

Against the back wall, directly behind the radiator of the second car, appears to be a Dixie Axle Stand. I have seen more Dixie's in Ford dealer shop photos than I have either KRW or Stevens.

To the left of the axle stand is a main bearing running-in machine. It is behind the engine lift, and appears to have a short block in it.

On the far left edge is a Hand Cranked Coil tester.

Respectfully submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:07 am:

I am not sure that KRW made an Axle Stand that early but there are still a lot of Dixie's around. I like the Weaver Axle Stand the best, It is more versatile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:53 am:

Walk into a shop today and compare--usually floor is very clean, very little "greasy" stuff around--mostly, I think, because modern car repair is doing computer fixes!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 09:15 am:

The picture and Trent's message makes me wonder if somewhere any of that equipment is still in use? I'll bet the vise still is! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 09:44 am:

wouldn't osha have a hay day in a shop like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 10:22 am:

I have a work bench in my garage that is an almost exact duplicate of the one in the picture! We rescued it about 30 years ago out of a garage that was being closed down in Oakland- same leg design, same drawer layout, probably galvanized sheet metal on work surface as well. Framing is all vertical grain fir.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration