Saw a T, Met the Owner, Went for a Ride!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Saw a T, Met the Owner, Went for a Ride!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:17 am:

Today as I was driving along Whyte Avenue, my friend said "Ryan, that was a Model T". I didn't believe him, but as I looked in the mirror, indeed there was one. Of course, we abandoned our plans and I turned around, parked, and we walked over to it, and it was a 1927 Touring. As I was telling my friend about it, some passers by asked me questions, so I answered their questions!

Eventually, the owners came by, were happy to chat, and offered the two of us a ride. We barely made it two blocks before it coughed and sputtered, when the owner admitted he meant to fill it with gas but forgot to! We were lucky that we were at a spot to pull over into, because we literally coasted to safety. After we parked, he asked if I would drive him to get his jerrican at his nearby house. I did so, and when we got there, he showed us his Model A. I actually recognized this Model A as I had seen it driving several times before, so I was happy to finally find the owner of it.

We then drove back to the T where his wife was waiting, he filled it up, we exchanged contact information, shook hands, and wished eachother a good night. It was a very nice impromptu ride where I met a fellow Model T'er!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

Glad to see you young guys interested in Ts. Been involved since the 50s when I looked across the back yard and my neighbor had pulled in a 26 coupe. We became good friends. I've enjoyed the hobby and most of all the friendships you develop over the years.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration