Air Filter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Air Filter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

About two years ago I added a paper air filter to my 1926 TuDor. Today I replaced the element. Here is a comparison. I think the filter is a good addition.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

I always suspected the air filter in a horizontal position would get wet with fuel and become a fire hazard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

Mine is pretty far away from the carburetor.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Very nicely made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

Tell us about the tube. You make? How? Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

I while back I posted within this thread.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/661688.html?1469417252
It shows how I made the air cleaner. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Great when used on cars with starters on clean Australian and USA roads. Elsewhere though, you'll regret using one and be forced to remove it. Thumbs down from me. Plus that size filter I found impossible to find outside the USA. I've been told the black foam ones the suppliers sell are better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Why not just use metal flexible tubing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

Having learned of the 'hot air pipe' recently, I wonder about filtration, or the lack of it. Isn't dust still going to be drawn in? Choose between filtering or the pipe? Any creative thoughts or ideas?

Not a bad idea, Mike, but for me aesthetically, I suspect flexible conduit provides too much of a 'rat rod look'..... JMHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 09:42 pm:

Yes, I thought that would be an issue.-with myself as well- It could be covered up though with a metal weave or something else.

To Constantine.
My 21 Speedster had a foam filter on it.
It was provided by the previous owner. Unfortunately, the sponge is very flammable!!
Ask me how I know...Rats!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

Mike
I see the attraction of the flexible tube. For me the concern is the not wonderful flow caused by the "coragations" of the surface. Certainly for most of the time it is of no concern. But I'm a bit of a "hot rodder " at heart. I'm hoping to build a slightly different approach tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Constantine
For you the K&N is probably the answer as it is cleanable repeatedly !!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration