16 Touring.... Right hand drive....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 16 Touring.... Right hand drive....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

My son 15 years ago... Teaching him to drive.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

You can't start them too young!

From the photo I cannot tell if the 1915 has a front door on either side or not. Is it a standard Canadian produced Model T or a British Model T that does not have a right hand door or something else? If you have a body number (please see the Forum posting “Home for the Holidays” at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html on where to look please let me know what it is.

Kids are great and grand kids are special.

Enjoy them while you can -- they grow up so quickly.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

It has wheels from a '19 or later American model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Great looking car!
How much of the where or when the 1915 cars produced determined the fact it has carbide headlamps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

Or... maybe I meant to say 1916?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 04:52 am:

David H, Officially, no USA 1915 style or '16 model Ts had acetylene headlamps. Most of the early '15 model year runabouts and touring cars (arguably Sept '14 through February '15 and a few even later) were built in the '14 style, and they did have acetylene headlamps. But all the '15 style (and later) cars left the factory with electric headlamps "officially".
There are numerous original era photos that do show acetylene headlamps on '15 and later cars. Some of those photos appear to be Canadian production, or Australian delivery from Canada, which may have been done specially. However, some photos showing Ts with acetylene headlamps do appear to be USA production. It is believed that those may have been refitted by the dealers. One needs to remember the era. Electric headlamps on automobiles was a new thing. The technology was not yet proven, and some buyers still insisted on acetylene lamps. Dealers could and would retrofit the lamps in order to make a sale. Whether Henry approved of it or not. They could and likely did take the electric lamps back in trade and then just sold them to some more forward thinking customer that wanted the "new type" lamps on his earlier car. Make a buck both ways.

D R C, Beautiful touring car! Do you still have it?
Your son must be headed to college now? Are you sure that you were teaching him to drive it that day? Or maybe he was trying to show you how?
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

Wayne, The 14 lights I put on years ago....just thought they looked prettier :-) .. I still have the CLASCO stamped electric lights that originally came w/ the car... I do still have the car in my collection... My son is in college and works on his off time at an Antique Car Dealership.. selling them all... He even has taught his bosses to drive a T.. :-) Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN_GmbK0Ug4&sns=fb my sons part time job . :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 07:00 pm:

What a great video. Looks like he is having fun.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration