OT: "The American Road" movie featuring Model T history

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT: "The American Road" movie featuring Model T history
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 04:07 am:

https://youtu.be/nVVcQxxENE4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

Thanks for posting. It's been a long time since I've see this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

Thanks for posting. One thing I noticed is the dispelled myth that folks were taught to crank left handed. Never saw anyone doing so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

One thing I noticed is, it doesn't seem to me that the "obesity problem" has gotten much worse than back in those days. A lot of those folks looked pretty thick to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Eastwood on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 04:50 pm:

In the Movie, there is scene with a salesman showing a 2 pedal 2 lever '09 ford to a Farmer.
That was my dads car #714. FoMoCo rented it for the movie. In another scene you can see my uncles '05 Buick motoring down a dirt road. Filmed in the early '50's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

I believe The American Road was filmed for the 50th anniversary of Ford Motor Company in 1953.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

"Pickpockets, swindlers and women who paint their faces." Awe, life in the city.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

I enjoyed that!

Cheers!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration