Old Photo - Model T Era - Yreka California Street Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Yreka California Street Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

Where is the Yreka Bakery?

Must be hiding with the other palindromes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 11:58 pm:

I prefer pi.

(from the Yreka Bakery)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:43 am:

Jay: Thanks for all the pictures! I don't have any clue where you find them, but keep up the good work. Allen Brintnall, So. W. Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

I have just a passing familiarity with Yreka, staying over nite a couple times per year on our way to visit kids in Portland. It's a quaint little town with lots of 1900's era homes, and we usually cruise the neighborhoods a bit to enjoy the views.

Is Jay's photo looking up Miner Street ?

What's the deal on Yreka Bakery ? Is it a good place to visit on the way through ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

The Yreka Bakery is no more as of 1965. It was replaced with the Yrella Gallery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

OK, I get it. Yreka Bakery spelled backwards is yrekaB akerY.

(My wife had to explain it to me.)

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Dick,
That's true, but they did bake some really good french bread. The other old-time bakery that was super was the Weed Bakery. (Weed is about 35 miles south of Yreka.).
It's been a long time, but I think the tall building on the left was the Yreka Pharmacy, which had an ice cream parlor in it too. Back in the early 80s it was run by the same guy who had the Etna Pharmacy, which also had a great Ice Cream parlor! Yep, I do have my priorities!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration