Help to ID aftermarket delivery body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help to ID aftermarket delivery body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrie Nolting on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Can anyone identify this bakery delivery truck. I have the exact same doors from one and I am in process of trying to duplicate the body. If you know anyone who has one,,, I sure could use some photos and dimensions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 09:32 am:

Maybe a photo from an early "take your child to work" day? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

Garrie,
Very cool looking. Looks like the doors will give you the curve of the roof, location of the beading, and it's shape and the curvature of the sides. Yep, more pics would help, as would dimension-ed drawings, but I think you could come up with a reasonable replica from what you have. NEAT project!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

Looks like the driver is a very tall individual.
That could be the reason for the curved roof. He needs the head room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrie Nolting on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

David, you are correct. Because I have both front doors and one rear door, I have good patterns for curves and can get pretty close on the overall dimensions. I even have the hardware. But I would like to know the history of the company that produced the body. And of coarse while dreaming, some more pictures would be great. I have seen two different old photos of this body; cant seem to find the other one right now. I hope someone on the forum knows of one.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrie Nolting on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

Doesn't somebody have some knowledge of this body manufacture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 01:24 am:

Garrie,
Just noticed your posting again. Wish I had a clue, the door insides sure look like a quality build, and the lines are very nice. SOMEONE should know a body maker!! Are the door "skins" wood or metal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 02:24 am:

Hi Garrie, This may be the company you are looking for, I have a booklet which shows a van like your photo.

Made by the Continental Commercial body Co Louisville Kentucky.

Its only a sketch so it could be any differences are due to the artist rendering.

Hope it is of some use
panel 01
panel 02

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrie Nolting on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Thanks for trying to help guys. The doors that I have utilize tin skins with wood framing. There is a little paint still showing and it is green. Appears to be one coat of original paint.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration